Chapter Six

"Shit, I'm going to be late!" I silently screamed to myself, as I ran down the stairs heading towards the library.

Susan had woken me up just as the sun was rising, saying that I was to meet John in the library at nine o'clock.

But instead of getting up and getting ready, I fell asleep and when I woke up it was, 08:49.

I ran into the library, looking like a complete mess. I spotted John sitting in the corner reading a book as I made my way towards him.

"Sorry I'm late." I said trying to get air into my lungs.

"Actually you're on time." He said with a sheepish grin.

I looked up at him, bent over trying to breathe properly again. The bastared planned this he was trying to get me late, so that he could get out of talking with me.

He is still grinning at me, I'll show him.

I sat next to him on the double couch, "You're evil."

He raised his had to his chest, pretending like I deeply hurt him, "What a rude thing to say to the man who is trying to help you."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Well you haven't helped me yet so I can be as ruse as I want."

He burst into fits of laughter, as I stared at him as if he had gone mad, "Stop wasting time."

As soon as he stopped and became sane once more we began the endless railway of question's.

I looked up at him worried that I'd never be able to see my mother again, "Am I dead?"

"Not yet, but you will be soon if we don't help you." He said the smile he once had completely washed from his face.

I nodded, "How can I get back to my home?"

He sighed, "Well the only way you can get back to you're body is if you experience no suffering."

"What do you mean?"

"Let me say it like this, your mind effects your body, so if you experience any negative emotions your body will slowly die, but if you experience positive emotions then your body will recover and you'll be able to go back."

I smiled a bit, only to disappear as soon as it arrived, "How long will it take?"

"I'm not sure; it might take one to two months."

I put my head in my hands, trying to fight back the tears.

I looked up at him; he looked at me with saddened eyes, as if he understood the pain I was going through.

I was about to ask another question when a girlish squeal came from the entrance of the library, a girl who looked to be near my age came running up to us and jumped straight into John's lap.

I stared at the woman who was sitting in his lap with a confused glare and for some reason I couldn't stand the look of her. Maybe it was because she reminded me of the ruck up girls from my school or it was because she was interrupting my conversation.

"Rose, this is Alex." He said.

"Hi." I said.

She stared at me like I was a fly in her soup and she was about to flush it all down the toilet.

Instead of greeting me she turned towards John and began to whisper in his ear.

Alex was a tall red haired girl, with light brown eyes, she had a face o a model and she wore a short black dress with black high heels.

I looked towards the door way to see Susan standing at the door; I got up and walked over to her not able to stand looking at the two that were seated next to me.

"She's something special isn't she?" Susan sarcastically said.

I sighed, "Yeah, I guess."

"They aren't dating she's just really slutty."

I stared at Susan with a mixture of shock and amazement at what she said.

"Close your mouth you might catch a fly." She said.

I hadn't realized my mouth had been hanging ajar this entire time and quickly closed it.

"Sorry I just didn't think you could say such a thing to anyone, you're just so nice." I said.

"Well she brings out the inner beast in me."

We broke into fits of laughter only to stop by the sound of Alex's voice, "Can't you see that that we're busy over here?"

I looked towards John to see him mouth the words, Help me.

I giggled a bit, "Alex I think your crushing the poor thing beneath you."

She looked at John to see him pretending not being able to breath, "Help... I can't... breathe..."

She gave us all an outraged look and got up and left. We could hear her screaming at people from outside the library and as soon as we couldn't hear her anymore we all broke out laughing.

I spend the rest of the day helping John with the work he had to do for the day, not really having anything else to do. I helped him assign people to helpers and then I helped collect new people who had just died.

By the time we were done it was already late into the night and everyone was asleep.

He brought me to my room when the work was done, "I didn't know that running this place was so much work."

"Yeah, well it did go a bit faster with you helping me." He said giving me one of his special smiles that he only gave me.

We both said goodnight to each other and returned to our rooms to retire for the night.

***************************************************
The picture above is what I think Rose looks like.
Thanks for reading.😊
***************************************************