"Um okay?" Vero stare was on me. "Camila, she's just a teacher; who by the way, is too old for you," she laughed it off.

Sure Lauren was twenty-six, and I was only seventeen, but that didn't matter. Besides, like I said before, it only seemed like there was a four year difference instead of nine. That was good in our case.

"Whatever," I wasn't going to get into that with her. Anyways,I didn't want to risk getting caught by Vero. "Let's just go to the library," I instructed.

"With what pass?" she questioned. I took out the that Lauren gave me last time. "Cool," was all she said, unenthused.

When we arrived to the library, the librarian checked out pass and allowed us to stay. Vero and I looked for the furthest table away from everyone else who was in here. We needed some privacy.

We sat across from each other.

"So I read your letter," I started off, not really knowing what to say. I thought I did, but being here with her, made the environment feel awkward. The tension was definitely thick.

"And what did you think?" her hands folded on the table, but then unfolded, and she started playing with her earing. That was a nervous tick of hers.

"I... uh... to be honest, it made me uncomfortable," I admitted. "Vero, please understand me, you're my best friend." I started again. "Reading the letter was like reading a love letter from a sister," I stated, hopefully that was going to set the point. Although the incest comparison made it even more awkward.

"I'm sorry Camila, but I don't see you as a sister," she retorted.

That hurt me. I wanted her to see me as a sister, like she used to. I didn't want her to have any romantic feelings towards me. It gave me the chills just thinking about it.

"I used to be," I reminded.

She sighed. "But that never changed," she stated. "I'm in love with you, and that won't ever change," she assured. I wish that was said by Lauren instead.

"It has to," I was staying calm. She shook her head. Vero wasn't understanding, and I didn't know what to say to her anymore. She probably needed half of the truth. "Vero, I'm already dating someone," I informed.

Her eyes flickered, "What?" she gulped. "You're lying," she refused to believe the truth. She was hoping for it to be a lie, I could see it in her eyes. 

I shook my head, "I'm not lying," I replied. "I already have a girlfriend, and I'm in love with her," I reassured. Telling her that I was in love with someone else, seemed to affect her a lot. Her eyes got watery.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" she questioned. She inhaled and exhaled, trying to stop her tears.

"Because I wanted to keep it a secret, and not jinx it," I excused, hmm, that made sense, right? I sure hoped so.

"You couldn't trust me enough?" she chuckled skeptically, as if she were offended.

"I just didn't want to jinx it," I repeated. "Besides, it's a good thing that I didn't tell you, you wouldn't have liked it either way," I explained. Vero looked the other way, her brown hair covered part of her face, not allowing me to see if she was crying or not. A finger slid underneath her eyes; she was crying. I felt terrible. I even got a sick feeling in my stomach. "Vero, I'm sorry," I had to apologize.

Her face fell into her hands as she lightly cried. I stayed quiet, allowing her to have her moment.

She looked up, wiping her tears, "Who is she?" she asked.