Chapter 13

Camila's POV

Shawn and Dinah had been acting weird all morning. There was something fishy going on, their giggles were making it obvious. Their whispers in each other's ears was also another clue, just like my parents; they didn't know how to be discreet about something. All of this was making me curious, although I really doubt that they would tell me. Especially because it appeared to be about me.

"Do I have something in my teeth or something?" I questioned, feeling annoyed now.

"No," Shawn laughed it off. "God, not everything is about you, conceited," he added, which I actually thought was quite funny.

"For realz," Dinah said.

"Then why do you keep trying to be secretive and keep looking at me?" I pointed out. Duh, I wasn't stupid. "And why are you outside my class?" I questioned, crossing my arms. The bell was about to ring, they were going to be late if they didn't leave... like right now!

Shawn and Dinah exchanged a look, seeming to be stuck on their response. They couldn't even be discreet with that. I just wanted one of them to give me an honest answer. The curiosity was killing me. What they were doing wasn't fair.

And where the hell was Vero?

"I'm only here because I came to see the sexy teacher, I fuckin' love Miss Jauregui," with that said, he peaked his head in the class, and then looked back out. "Oh shit, she looks even sexier today," he informed. Apparently, seeing Lauren, got him a little too excited, and made his knees weak.

Oh Shawn, I shook my head in disbelief.

"What about you?" I asked Dinah.

"Where else am I supposed to be? You guys are here, so I have to be here as well," she justified.

"Okay," I let it go. "Do you guys know where Vero's at?" I asked.

They exchanged another look before turning to me, "Nope," they grinned.

By the look of it, they actually did, but they were lying to me. Why would they do that? This was strange. I felt like they all knew something, but they were leaving me out of it. That never happened before. What was changing? Was it the fact that I wasn't spending as much time with them anymore, I mean how could I? I spent most of my time with Lauren after school. Only because it was the only time I could be with her.

"Okay," I stared at them doubtfully. Just then the bell rang. "Well, I'll see you guys later," I waved and walked into class. Steps were heard behind me. Turning around, they were both still standing there, grinning. They looked like two puppies that were following me from the shelter, hoping for me to take them in. "Um, what are you doing?" My eyebrows raised.

"Going into your class," Dinah answered casually.

"But you're going to be late to yours," I stated.

"Yeah. Who cares?" Shawn walked past me. Where was he even going? He didn't have this class, meaning there wasn't a seat for him.

Dinah threw an arm over my shoulder, "He's weird, isn't he?" she watched after him. "He's so cute though," she smiled. Okay, there seemed to be a spark in her eyes. I had never noticed it before, but Dinah stared at Shawn like he was some Prince from a Disney movie. This couldn't be right, what about Vero? She liked Dinah, this was going to devastate her. Poor Vero.

"What is wrong with you?" I gave a concerned expression.

Bumping my shoulder with hers, she shushed me.

"Hello Miss Jauregui," Shawn's voice was coming from our right, which meant he was probably in front of Lauren's desk. Apparently, he had gained some confidence. Surprisingly, he didn't stutter or run away after. As long as he wasn't making her feel uncomfortable, I didn't have a problem with him talking to her.