Chapter 8

I pulled up to a gas station. My phone started ringing. Mother.

"Here Nix. You'll love this call. If she asks about me. I'm Dead," I said. Nix took my phone and said hello. I got out of the car and filled the gas up. Si did the same.

"What's wrong" Si asked.

"Mother decided to call. Nix is talking to her," I said. She nodded.

"You going to be okay?" Si asked.

"As long as I don't have to talk to her," I said. The gas was done. I put it away. I walked inside. I got 14 black coffees and an orange juice and paid for the gas for both cars. I walked back out. I gave Uncle Carter, Si, Ash, Fairy and Vic their coffees. I walked back to my car. I gave everyone their coffee. Roxy looked up from her phone.

"Good news. She's not allergic to anything," Roxy said. I smiled and nodded.

"Here you go sweetie," I said. I gave Skylar her orange juice. She took it. She tried opening but failed. Jace, Kade and Jax laughed. She pouted. Jace opened it for her and gave it to her. I sat down in the driver's seat and shut the door.

"Here. She wants to talk to you," Nix said. I glared at him. He mouthed sorry. I stuck the middle finger up at him. I took the phone.

"Hello," I said.

"Baby How are you," She said.

"Okay drop the act and cut to the chase. What do you want from me," I said.

"I just called to ask how you were doing?" She said.

"No if you wanted to do that. You would have tried harder to contact me. OH also you wouldn't have treated me the way you did. So don't start this with me. I know you want something. Now are you gladly going to tell me what it is or am I going to have to hang up. You acting this way because Nix said something. So drop the act get one with what you need," I said.

"I need to talk with your Uncle Carter. So give the phone to him you selfish brat," She sneered. I smiled.

"THERE'S THE SELFISH, ANNOYING, BITCH ASS MOTHER I HATE! THERE'S THE MOTHER I KNOW AND FUCKING WOULD KILL," I smiled.

"Just give the phone to him you brat," She said. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut. I walked over to the driver's seat and gave the phone to him. I mouthed mom. He sighed and took the phone.

"No. Their mine now. You're not going to get them. Not even her. No," He said and gave me the phone. I walked back to the car.

"Now listen here. You're not going to get Nix under your call. You're not going to have him as a son. Your not going to have me. My last name isn't even Montoya anymore. Uncle Carter is our guardian now. So leave us alone. Live your damn life. Just drop the I care act. We all know it's a lie," I said.

"You're such a-" she said.

"A bitch, A brat? Yea I know this," I said.

"Just give the phone to-" She tried but I interrupted her.

"To Nix. MY FUCKING PLEASURE," I said. I handed the phone to him. I got in the car. I pulled out of the gas station. Uncle Carter behind me. I heard Nix talking calmly. Then argue and hang up. He gave my phone to Kade. Who put it in the cup holder.

"She wants us to attend a party with her and move back in," Nix said.

"No," I said focusing on the road.

"Val-" He said.

"No. Uncle carter already said no and He signed paper to adopt us both and they passed. We're his children now and you know it. Mandy is not my mother and never will be. She never was," I said.