1

She stepped out of her car making sure to shut the door behind her.  She had barely made it on time. She took long strides into the emergency room and through the employee entrance. Jessie swiped her pass trudging down the busy hallways that were filled with patients and her fellow colleagues.

Saturday's were always her busiest nights. There was just something about a Saturday night,  that drew people from all walks of life in. Finally reaching her office she tossed her trench coat off to the side somewhere slumping tiredly into the chair behind her desk. Usually Janice the head nurse would leave files on her desk to remind her of the follow ups she had to do that day.

Not even a second later,  before she could even reach for the stack of papers collecting dust on her desk.  One of the head nurses of the emergency room barged into her office. "We need you in the OR stat. We have a patient,  paramedics just rolled him in. Michael forman 39, was in a five car collision on the interstate has a visible laceration on the skin,  possible internal bleeding. And on top of that,  suspected bleeding on the brain due to the impact. "

The 37 year old trauma surgeon shot up from her desk, switching into business mood just like that. Wiping all tiredness out of her system. As she prepped for the operation that could possibly cost this man his life. Jessie was more worried about the bleeding on the brain. She had to find the source of it and stop it immediately.

"Is he conscious?" Jessie enquired aloud not particularly to anyone as she scanned her ID into the OR and began scrubbing.

"No, his blood pressure is dropping Martinez is keeping him stable at least until we stop the bleeding." A voice informed her, Jessie had to stop for a second glancing over her shoulder to see a very unfamiliar face. And a beautiful one at that. She wondered who this doctor was and why she was in her OR. Jessie could handle this case on her own and she was not informed by Janice that she would be accompanied by another physician.

"Um, I'm sorry who are you?" Her words came out harsher than she had intended. She didn't like not being informed about things. And she didn't have time to waste on telling her to leave because her patient in this moment was dying.

"I'm the new neurosurgeon intern Dr. Moore."

Jessie hummed a response not really listening to her. Dr. Moore took slight offense to that because she always idolized Dr. Martin and looked up to her and was absolutely  blown away by her work. She was one of the greatest trauma surgeons in California. Her work was often used as an example in medical school.

"Suction." Jessie demanded focused on closing up the Traumatic pneumothorax in her patients lungs. Dr. Moore did as told and that's how much of the three hour long surgery went. With Jessie rudely ordering her around and once everything was finished and she stopped the bleeding and patched her patient up. She took off her gloves, "I can trust you to finish that stitching?" not even bothering to wait for a response she left the OR.

Slowly but surely Dr. Moore finished the stitching that her superior abandoned and got the job done. Knowing the protocols and rules Dr.  Martin insisted on breaking by having her finish up a surgery she went after her determined to introduce herself properly. "Dr.Martin sorry if you felt overwhelmed with my presence in there. I was assigned to this case as soon as he arrived and I was told to help you out in there."

"I don't need your help." Jessie said lowly, turning on her heel, "Stay out of my OR!"

Dr. Moore's jaw set tight as she bit back her words, Jessie was still her superior she had to respect her. No matter how hard it was to reframe from cursing her out in that moment.

"I've been assigned to you. So it's best you get used to this face because you're going to be seeing more of it!" Katy said disdainfully.

"We'll see about that!" Jessie argued marching off towards her bosses office who was the head of the hospital and also her brother.