Chapter 34

Calm.

Patient.

Loving.

Caring.

Bokuto, fortunately, was all these things now.

He had to be calm. He had to be very calm.

Akaashi was recovering and he couldn't be his normal self, which means that he was very quiet.

Seeing Akaashi struggle to recover was really testing his patience, but he himself had to recover too.

It's been only 2 weeks.

~~~

"Sorry, Bokuto-san" Akaashi said as he pushed the plate away from himself.

He ate enough.

"It's okay, I won't push you. I just want you to recover" Bokuto picked up Akaashi's plate. It was practically full, only a few bites were eaten. But that was more than enough.

Right after the incident Akaashi refused to eat. Bokuto had to force him, so he wouldn't die from starvation and dehydration.

While Bokuto was seeing a psychologist every week, Akaashi had to see the therapist twice a week.

Slowly, things seemed to be falling in their places.

Akaashi stood up and fixed his oversized hoodie.

Bokuto knew.

He knew that after the incident Akaashi started cutting again. Yet, somehow he managed to pursue Akaashi into telling him when he wanted to cut.

Akaashi was still afraid.

His father was still out there.

The words that he said wouldn't leave his head.

He was scared for Bokuto.

"Akaashi.." Bokuto suddenly interupted his thoughts "while I was in school...did you..cut?"

Akaashi looked as he turned to him, his bright, but sad, golden eyes staring into his dark ones.

Akaashi nodded slowly.

"I disappointed him" he thought to himself.

Bokuto walked over to Akaashi and lifted up his hand.

He rolled up the sleeve, revealing fresh new cuts. They were still red.

Of course, Bokuto took care of it. He knew that he can beg Akaashi to stop, but hell, after what happened he almost started doing it himself. He could understand why Akaashi did it.

But, he was there to support him. Akaashi knew how Bokuto felt about it, so he tried his best to keep cutting to the minimum.

"Any news from the police?" Akaashi asked and Bokuto finished taking care of his cuts.

"No, not yet. They are still searching" Bokuto said and sat down beside Akaashi.

Akaashi put his head on Bokuto's shoulder.

He didn't even want to think what it would be like if Bokuto was to be hurt.

"I love you, Bokuto-san" Akaashi said completely out of the blue.

Bokuto blushed, but whispered back quietly:

"I love you too"

Akaashi closed his eyes, trying to imagine a better world.

Bokuto was there.

He was holding him close.

There was nothing bad.

However, now it was not the case.

Akaashi's main concern now was - how to keep Bokuto safe?

At any time, at any place his father might show up.

Hell, he might even know where Bokuto lives! Now, that Akaashi thinks about it, he doesn't know much about Bokuto's family, except that he is on bad terms with his mother.

He doesn't know the reason, Bokuto did mention something about her not accepting him, but Akaashi was sure that it was all a misunderstanding.

After all, how could someone even think about hurting Bokuto's feelings?

He is so nice and so caring!

Akaashi was lost in his thoughts and didn't even notice how he drifted off to sleep.

As soon as Bokuto saw that Akaashi is sleeping, he slowly got up and carefully placed Akaashi's head on the pillow. He couldn't help, but get a flashback of him holding Akaashi's body when he was almost dead.

When he got up, he went to change.

He wanted to buy some stuff for Akaashi like new clothes. Akaashi is going to be staying in his place for a while and he wanted him to be comfortable.

He jumped into his comfy clothes and picked up his wallet and his keys. He was quick and quiet to sneak out, after leaving a note to Akaashi, which said:

"Akaashi,
I went out to the store! Don't do anything till I come back!
Love you"

Chilly air of February hit his face and he felt the shivers run down his spine.

It's just a quick trip.

One hour should be enough.

~~~

Akaashi woke up 3 hours later.

It was dark outside, not to mention it was snowing.

He saw the note and read it, but he was still worried about Bokuto. He took his phone and dialed his number.

No answer.

He tried again.

No answer.

At this point Akaashi was freaking out.

What if something happened?

Maybe his father found him?

He felt his phone buzz in his hand and he instantly picked up.

"So, you are still not dead?"

.

.

.

.

---
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder what happened to Bokuto....
Anyway, early update because I have some free time xD
-hatari