one of these nights {vrene}

"Jungkook..."

"Yah..."

"Jeon Jungkook!"

Taehyung shouted for the 17th time.

Truthfully, he knew this would happen but it hurts to see his beloved maknae like this.

Suddenly Taehyung heard a faint voice coming from Jungkook's bedroom door.

"Did it hurt?"

"What?" Taehyung asked.

"Did it hurt like this when Irene-noona broke up with you?"

Taehyung could only sigh as he plopped down to the floor as he leaned on the door of the maknae's room.

"Yeah..." Taehyung muttered, though he knows Jungkook knows the answer.

--------------------------------------------------

🎵Let's meet again~ One of these Nights~ 🎵

"Mhm?"

Silence

"Crap, I must be hearing things." Taehyung whispered as he shook his head. He continued to go up the stairs quietly, making sure nobody hears him, better yet catch him.

'After all, who would be playing such horrible music at this time of night and at my secret place', Taehyung thought.

Boy, did he think wrong.

As he opened the door, that lead to the rooftop of BigHit, his eyes immediately stared at the girl's silhouette, dancing to her own voice.

"Damn", V said softly. His eyes moved up and down, mesmerized by the beauty in front of him. 'Heck, it's only her back, why are you going nuts for this girl?'

"Are you done staring?"

"Wh-what?"

"And what's with the 'After all, who would be playing such horrible music at this time of night.'?" The girl turned around. "We've won many awards, sold hundreds of albums, and millions of views, what makes you think you can treat our song like crap?"

Taehyung, who was frozen, was lost for words.

"Stop thinking out loud." Irene smirked.

The younger finally snapped back to reality and asked, "Wh-what are you doing in BigHit? And at 'MY' secret place?"

"Don't you remember? My cousin's a trainee here and I came to visit, she's still practicing so I decided to go somewhere else and eventually found myself dancing here." Irene smiled.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was taken aback by her smile and took a while to process what was happening.

"Besides, I don't see 'Taehyung's Property' here does it?" she continued. "I should be going anyway, you can have your secret place back."

"Y-you can stay, if you want."

"Mhm?"

"You can stay."

V smiled back as he sat right next to where Irene was standing.

"Thanks." Irene sat down. They didn't talk for a solid 5 minutes, but it was all because of how the stars shining so beautifully above them. Sadly, Taehyung didn't notice he was sitting right next to one. Nor did he notice that their hands are almost touching.

"I missed you..." Taehyung muttered.

"...Joohyun-ssi"

"T-Taehyung... I-I..."

"It's okay." Taehyung frowned, his eyes still gazing at the stars. "How've you been?"

"Oh, just this and that. Comebacks here, variety shows there. The usual, you know what I'm talking about."

"Sadly, I do."

The younger finally looked at the brightest star next to him, Joohyun and smiled.

"I watched your web drama. You were pretty cool."

"Thanks." Irene laughed. "I watched your drama and still waiting for the next episode."

The two laughed and talked about what has happened in each other's life. Irene starring in a new web drama, Taehyung started on acting as well. They chatted about both group's comebacks, variety shows, and giving each other advice.

Although they know what they really wanted. They wanted to be together again. Thus, it was the whole BaekYeon situation, the girl's older and the boy is younger. As soon as their companies confirmed their dating scandal, neitizens showered them with hatred. They didn't want to give up, but each other's group was sinking with them and they knew they had to let go. They couldn't even last a year after announcing their relationship.

"How's Jungkook?" Irene frowned as she broke of their small staring contest.

"Still not over Yeri. He's been drinking, staying up all night, and calling Yeri's name non-stop." Taehyung answered. "How about Yeri?"

"She's been declining offers to star on dramas, crying at night, composing heart-breaking songs, and alas, regretting ending her relationship with Jungkook." Irene sighed.

"What Yeri did was responsible, she did the right thing." Taehyung reassured, as he rested his hand on Irene's shoulder.

In an instinct, Joohyun laid her head on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Thank you, Taehyung oppa" Joohyun whispered.

Taehyung's heart won't stop beating. The love of his life is right next to him, lighting the hopes of him and Irene getting back together.

Irene lifted her head up, "Why aren't you saying anyth-"

Taehyung pecked her lips, short but lovingly.

"Taehyung, I still-"

Cutting her off again, Taehyung kissed her, this time it was long and passionate. The younger realized Irene wasn't responding, and was about to stop when Irene pulled in deeper.

As soon as they pulled away, they did the most responsible thing to do.

They ignored each other for the 3 minutes.

"Joohyun, I know you probably don't want to be together and you've probably heard this a lot of times but---" Taehyung paused. "I will do whatever it takes to protect you."

"You have no idea how much my life has been like without you by my side. I will do whatever it takes to not let you go. I'll take care of the fans, our group, and our lives just... don't let go." The younger one continued. "Please, Joohyun."

Irene cupped Taehyung's face.

"I won't."

Taehyung took the Irene in his arms and kissed her lips dearly. Pretty soon Irene had to go since it was near midnight. Taehyung, who was smiling the whole time, drove Irene back to SM safe and sound.

"Bye Taehyungie~" Irene waved as she kissed him for the 23rd time that night, and yes she took count.

"Joohyun-ah~" Taehyung called.

Irene looked back.

"Let's meet again." He smiled.

"One of these night~" Irene sang.

-------------------------------------------------

HAIIII its yooooooogurt!!! Somehow I'm not satisfied... if you have any problem with this oneshot or any of my previous ones, I'm okay with constructive criticism.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME WITH THE WHOLE KISSING SCENE HERE... I didn't know what to do so I was like 'IMMA THINK DIS IS HOW COUPLES KISS!'

Up next is WenGa!!!!