TVD|Conceal

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N -
C O N C E A L

This time I heard it loud and clear. Enough for me to understand what everyone had been bugging me all this time.

But I knew that I didn't have the right to hear those words, especially when she's not conscious and facing me eye to eye. It could be a misunderstanding and I didn't want to make things awkward between us.

I kept on staring at her pale face, waiting for another word to come by her lips, a second, minute passed yet she hasn't said a word anymore.

I found myself leaning close, her face so close to me yet I couldn't understand why I was doing this. Then her eyes flutter open and she stares at me.

Startled, instead of falling down I became frozen. Now we were holding an awkward gaze, the silence making things worst. Her eyes widened, my heart could fucking leave me any second.

"U-uh, I-I, w-was u-um," I fumbled around my words. I stood up and backed away, my cheeks turning red in embarrassment.

"You had a mosquito on your face," I blurted out before thinking. This was the first time I was so embarrassed and frozen that I can't help but feel my heart beat so erratic.

Why did I even leaned closer?

It took me apparently five seconds before I composed myself to my normal state, yet inside I was quivering with anxiety. "I was trying swat it away but you fluttered your eyes."

"Did you really have to be so close?" She finally spoke up, her voice hoarse from just waking up as she looks the other direction.

"I didn't mean to," I say softly. "--it's kinda getting late. How about we head home?"

"S-sure," she mumbles and quietly gets her bag while we head outside and I close the door behind us.

///

To say it was awkward and silent on the way home.

The only thing that could distract us from the silence was the busy bustling of cars and the sounds the pebbles made everytime we stepped on it.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, my eyes wandering to the man walking with his dog.

I'm also wondering why he decided to take a stroll with his dog when the sun has already went down.

"I'm alright," she says too meekly that it puts me off edge. "It's my fault. I really apologize. I didn't mean anything by it."

"It's alright Marco," she says with a faint smile on her face. "--I know you mean no harm, it's just that. .I'm kinda disappointed."

"About what?"

She furrows her eyebrows in anger and nudges me by the sides with force. "That you ruined my damn sleep! I was really getting into it."

Something tells me it was more than her sleep but I shrug it off. "Would you rather I left you there until you realized it was that late?"

"I think that's much better," she frowns. "I haven't had much sleep this couple of days. Everyone's being such a b-tch. Flooding us with homework."

///

I thought that everything was alright between us since she acted like it was fine yesterday, but for the rest of the day Star hasn't acknowledged my presence.

It was either she'd pretend not to notice or say that she's busy and quickly leave the room. I know she's avoiding me but I clearly apologized yesterday, why was she still hung up about it?

Was it because she was embarrassed? Did she found out I heard her say she likes me? Or was it because, no.. was it because she wanted me to kiss her?

Was that why she was angry yesterday? Should I kiss her to make her feel better? Will that make her forgive me?

I really don't get this. I don't get her at all.

///

I went home later than anyone.

I was still occupied in finishing the projects to be submitted that I forgot that time passed by so quickly.  While I walked around the empty pavement, a figure came dashing towards my direction.

I stopped and squinted my eyes. Then as it came closer, it wrapped it's arms around me so tightly.

|Vote and Comment|
Cliffhanger