TVD|Friends

C H A P T E R  E I G H T -
F R I E N D S

-star-

A week had passed since I had my emotional breakdown.

I couldn't believe myself, how I just straight up let myself be vulnerable especially to him, the guy I would least show it to.

I hated myself and yet I couldn't help but feel my heart raise whenever I try to rewind what just happened last Friday. He was gentle with me, as if nothing between us happened.

I can't believe myself! Why can't I stop thinking about it and why can't I help but let out a smile whenever I do? This is bad. This is all Janna's fault.

Yeah, it is definitely her fault. If she hadn't said those disgusting stuff, I wouldn't be absent for a few days with a sprained foot. If she hadn't persisted those weird delusions of her I wouldn't be an airhead and trip myself.

If she hadn't even said anything at all, I wouldn't have been thinking about Marco all this time.

This is fu-kin stupid. I need to distract myself, I can't keep thinking about this or I'll do something stupid again. How can I even face him? When I literally became so vulnerable in front of him. How can I act like nothing happened?

///

Here goes! I take a long deep breath as I slid open the door to the classroom. Almost everyone's eyes were on me and I felt cornered but I gave them a glare, even though I was at the point of melting with their gaze. "What are you staring at?"

They all looked away and minded their own business. I took a glimpse to my chair and noticed he wasn't there yet. I released a breath of relief and headed to my seat when a hand stopped me.

I turned around and a girl with bob hair and jet black hair smiled at me. "Star Butterfly, can I have a moment with you?"

I nodded and took my seat whilst she took the seat opposite to mine. "I'm Xiara, the class representative. Everyone keeps urging me to ask these questions to you."

I raised a brow. "What question?"

"What's really going on between you and Marco?" she blantly said and I choked on my spit. "--what do you mean?"

"Are you dating? Because everyone thinks you both are," she shrugs and I can't help but turn red. What the hell are they thinking? First Janna, now them? Don't they know we hate each other to the core? "--We're enemies. Who the hell falls in love to someone they hate?"

She clasps her hands. "I do believe in love-hate relationship. Those seem like the most stable relationship."

"You're crazy," I say outright to her and she chuckles. "--suppose. But I wouldn't be suprised if you started liking him."

"That's bogus," I replied and she looks at me like she's staring at my soul. "--oh really? Wouldn't you like him when he was gentle with you last week? Who really knows."

"H-how do you that?"

"News spreads out fast, Star," she grins and looks behind me. "--Speaking of the devil."