Chapter 17

Aura's P.O.V.

Aura and the rest of the Autobots were outside their base, setting up their little flying drone that Aura, Wheeljack, and Raf made. "Are you sure we don't need to install a GPS on our scout?" asked Fowler. "Too risky. Both sides are getting real good at routing out that kind of trick." answered Wheeljack. "So we're going to be doing it the old fashion way." said Aura. "Besides, we don't need a tracker." added Smokescreen. "We have Optimus." stated Raf. As if on que, the Prime emerged from the side of the base with Bulkhead following behind him. "But won't the 'Cons see you big guy?" asked Miko. "Yeah! There's hundreds of optics on that ship. That odds of you being spotted are pretty high." added Cole. "Not until its too late." replied Bulkhead. "We'll be prepared for immediate immobilization when you require it sir." said Ultra Magnus. "Good luck Optimus." said Smokescreen. "Be safe." said Arcee. Bumblebee chirped cautious but happily. "Whatever the out come, know that Ratchet will most be proud of your contribution." stated Optimus as he looked down at Raf. The boy replied with a small smile on his face. Aura and Wheeljack knelt down in front of him, and gave him a thumbs up. "Come on kid. Lets light this thing!" cheered Wheeljack. Raf nodded in reply as he activate his controller and the drone started firing up. "Let the party begin." whispered Aura as it took off into the air. Optimus activated his jetpack and wings, and took off after the drone.

The rest of Autobots and humans proceeded back inside the base while Arcee got the com links up and running. Aura rested her back on one of the polls, crossed her arms and relaxed in deep thought. "It has to work." thought Aura. "Aura, you ok?" asked Smokescreen as he walked towards the Cybertronian Princess. "Ever since Optimus left, you've been quite." "It's not Optimus I'm worried about. It's Ratchet. I mean, when Optimus finds the ship, what if Ratchets..... You know....." Aura replied nervously. Smokescreen let out a sigh and placed a hand on Auras shoulder. "I know. I'm worried about him too. Everyone is. But that's not going to happen." said Smokescreen. "But what if it does Smokescreen? I'm trying not to think about it, but I can't get the thought out of my head! Don't you know what will happen to him after he gives Megatron the formula?! And even if he doesn't, he might die either way!" replied Aura. "And.... And I'm scared. I've know Ratchet for as long as I can remember. I've known him even before the war! He was my fathers doctor after all. What if we never get to see him again? I've already lost too much family members. I don't want to lose another." Aura shed a small tear that escaped her optics. Smokescreen comforted her with a friendly hug. "Hey, I'm scared too." He whispered. "But you, me, and everyone else know that Optimus will bring Ratchet back to us. Then our family will be whole again." Aura looked up at the Elite Guardsmen's face and a small smile came across her. "Thank you Smokescreen." said Aura. Smokescreen moved away from the hug as Aura wiped away a few more tears. "Your a true friend." "Not a problem, your highness." replied Smokescreen with a playful grin on his face. Aura let out a small gasp of a laugh as she smirked back.

It was early morning, about six am when Fowler finally called to check on Optimus. "Prime, haven't heard from you in a while. Everything alright up there?" asked Fowler. "So far Agent Fowler." replied Optimus. "What happens when the ship detects Laserbeak's signal?" asked Jack. "No way they're going to think that little guy is in two places at once." said Cole. "Unless the 'Cons are that stupid enough to fall for it." "We are counting on Optimus to make visual contact with the warship before its radar can defect ship." explained Raf. "The boss will be fine." said Wheeljack. "It's not Optimus I'm worried about." replied Arcee. "I'm thinking the same thing 'Cee." added Aura.

Aura watched Optimus's life signal fly through the radar. Slowly it made its way across the morning sky. "So far so good." thought Aura. "But how long will it last?" She watched as purple cloud like objects started surrounding his signal. "What's happening?" asked Ultra Magnus. "A thunder storm is approaching. With a slight chance of lightning." answered Cole. There was a growl of thunder outside followed by a clashing noise and a streak of white light. "Found it." said Aura. Then all of a sudden, a red blip appeared on the radar, followed by 5 more. "Scrap! It's 'Cons!" said Arcee. "They knew he's looking for Ratchet!" said Smokescreen. "Come on O.P. don't fail us now." thought Aura. One by one, the Decepticon life signals slowly vanished from Autobot radar. Then Aura noticed one blip leaving the radar scan. "They know about the drone!" said Aura.

Finally the rest of the blips were destroyed and Optimus's signal began following the one Decepticon signal left standing. The one that was aware of our drone. The key to find Ratchet. All of a sudden the signal of a missile was heading toward the drone. It got closer, and closer, until both the signal for the missile and the drone faded away. "Scrap." muttered Aura. "What do we do now without the drone?" asked Cole. "Look! Optimus is still following that Decepticon!" said Miko as she pointed to the screen. "It we're lucky enough it will lead him to the warship." stated Ultra Magnus. All of a sudden the Decepticon blip just vanished from the radar. "What happened?" asked Smokescreen. "Did Optimus take him down?" asked Bulkhead. "No. It was a ground bridge." answered Aura.

"Optimus to base. Come in." said Optimus through the comlink. "Commander, have you determined the ships location?" asked Ultra Magnus. "No Ultra Magnus. The transponder has been destroyed." answered Ultra Magnus. "Yeah, we noticed it on the radar. We'll need to find an alternative way to find the Decepticon warship and save Ratchet." said Aura. "Agreed Aura. At the moment, we are no closer to finding Ratchet when we began." replied Optimus. "Keep looking Optimus. We've got to find him." replied Aura.

"Autobot base can you hear me? This is Ratchet can anymore copy?" asked Ratchet through the comlink. "Loud and clear old friend!" answered Optimus. Everyone at base cheered when they all heard Ratchets voice. "Thank Primus he's ok!" said Aura in relief. "Listen to me, Megatron has managed to rebuild the Omega Lock on board his warship. I've deactivated the Decepticon shielding system. You should be able to get a fix on my coordinates." explained Ratchet. Aura ran over to the main computer and scanned the area. "I've got a lock on the warship Ratchet." said Aura. "Good. Optimus, you must hurry! Megatron is preparing to cyberform Earth as we speak!" stated Ratchet. "What?!" Aura asked in shock. "Autobots! Prepare the ground bridge and get ready to storm the warship!" ordered Optimus.

"You heard our leader! We're going in, and we're going in heavy! Gear up!" ordered Ultra Magnus. Everyone scattered around and chose their weapons. Many of which came from Ultra Magnus's ship. "Aura, I have something for you." said Ultra Magnus. He lead her to a metal box and typed in the password code on the top. "I've never seen that before." said Aura. "I've kept it in my private vault in my weapons storage." replied Ultra Magnus. He finnished typing in the code and the lid of the box opened. Inside it was a metallic bow that was a golden shade with red high lights. "Is that, what I think it is?" asked Aura in shock. Ultra Magnus carefully picked the bow up out of the box and extended it to Aura. "The energy bow of Zeta Prime." answered Ultra Magnus. "Father...." whispered Aura. She gently took it from her step fathers hand and examined every detail. Her fathers name was engraved on the bow in Cybertronian. "He wanted me to give it to you when the time was right." said Ultra Magnus. "Thank you, Ultra Magnus." replied Aura. "Your welcome Aura." said Ultra Magnus with a smile.

"The 'Bots can't leave without saying goodbye right?" asked Miko. "No time for that. And no need. They'll be back." answered Fowler. "Insinuating ground bridge." said Raf. A ground bridge opened up at the end of the base, and one by one the Autobots walked through. Aura was the last to leave, but she stopped to smile at her human brother, Cole. "You got this. Take those Decepticreeps down." said Cole. "You know I will." replied Aura. And with that, she saluted Fowler and ran through the ground bridge.