Chapter 5

"I, I can't do this." said Smokescreen as he paced around the room "I mean sure, who wouldn't want to be a Prime. But I'm not really ready for that kind of responsibility." finnished Smokescreen as he knelt next to Aura and Optimus. "Smokescreen, the choice is neither yours nor mine to make. When it is time, the matrix of leadership, will present itself only to one, who's spark if worthy." explained Optimus. Smokescreen had sad and guilty look on his faceplate. Aura placed a hand on his shoulder. "These things happen for a reason. Even if its going to be hard to face." said Aura. "You say it like you've been through something like this before." replyed Smokescreen. "Now that you mention, I actually have. Both on Cybertron and Earth." stated Aura. "Who were they?" asked Smokescreen. "Family." answered Aura.

As Aura knelt next to Optimus, her communicator went off again. "Huh?" said Aura as she brought up the screen. "What's up?" asked Smokescreen. "I just picked up a bunch of Autobot signals." answered Aura. "It's the others! Where are they?" asked Smomescreen. "By the allspark, their at Dark Mount!" answered Aura in shock. "No way! They must be planning an attack!" said Smokescreen. Aura looked at Optimus nervously then back at the communicator. "Aura." said Optimus. Aura walked back to Optimus and knelt next to him. "Yes Optimus?" asked Aura. "Go where you are needed. Help the Autobots in the rebellion against Dark Mount. There is nothing else you can do for me at this time." said Optimus. "I'll help them Optimus. You can count on it. But, I just need to know." replyed Aura. She started tearing up slightly, but took a deep breathe and asked the ultimate question. "Will I ever see you again?" asked Aura. At first there was no response, but Optimus sat up slowly to be more in eye contact level with Aura. "Only time will tell Aura. We have known each other for a very long time.But, if this is the end for me, if I am to become one with the allspark...." said Optimus. "Optimus... are you saying...?" asked Aura. Optimus took Aura's hand held it with all his strength, then kissed it. "I love you, Aura. I always have, from the beginning, and I always will." said Optimus. Aura's optics became watery. He actually said that. Aura quickly, but gently hugged Optimus. "I love you too big guy." replyed Aura. She wanted to stay with him, knowing how he actually felt about her. But she knew she had to leave him to help the Autobots. It killed her in the inside to leave him, but she had no choice. She moved away from the hug, then looked up and nodded at Smokescreen. Smokescreen used the Phase Shifter to bring Aura back to the surface. They said their goodbyes, then Aura headed back to Jaspear. Back to Darkmount.

Once Aura arrived at Jaspaer it was late at night, and she speeded towards Darkmount. As she was driving she looked up into the sky to see the exact same ship that rescued Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Miko from that robot dragon. Nearby, she spotted a ground bridge opening up and two transformers running out. "Hey, those two look like..... Bulkhead and Wheeljack!" thought Aura. She turned then drove off road towards them. She watched them hide behind 2 big boulders near Darkmount and Wheeljack was getting his grenade's ready. "Guys!" said Aura. Once she reached them, she transformed back into her robot mode. "Aura! Your alive!" cheered Bulkhead. He put down his ion cannon and bear hugged Aura. "Good to see you too Bulk." replyed Aura as Bulkhead set her down. "Glad your alright kid. We're just about to start the party, and you came just intime." said Wheeljack. "So what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!" said Aura. Bulkhead opened up his comlink to let Ultra Magnus and the others know that Aura was back. "Wait? Ultra Magnus?! He's here?!" asked Aura. "Long story. We'll explain later." answered Bulkhead. Wheeljack brought out one of his grenades, then looked over at the giant front door of Darkmount. "Care to start us off?" asked Wheeljack as he handed Aura the grenade. "With pleasure." answered Aura with a smirk. She took the grenade from Wheeljack's hand, and took aim. "Fire in the hole!" yelled Aura as she threw the grenade. It hit the front door, landed on the ground and exploded.

"Fire in another hole!" yelled Wheeljack as he threw another grenade at the door and it exploded. The three Autobots then stepped out of hiding and ran towards Darkmount. Aura heard jet noises, so she looks up to see the white Vehicon seekers flying down towards them, and firing energon blasts at them. "Incoming!" yelled Aura. The three of them stopped and brought out their weapons. Aura transformed her hands into blasters, but noticed the boys not doing the same thing. Instead, Bulkhead brought out a giant ion cannon, and started firing back at the vehicons, blowing them up one by one. Wheeljack brought out a handle, pushed a button and a long electric whip appeared. Wheeljack spung it around then launched the whip at the vehicons, destroying an entire wave. "Ultra Magnus have you guys those weapons did he?" asked Aura. "How can you tell?" asked Bulkhead. "Lucky guess." answered as she joined the boys at firing against the vehicons.