Prologue

Hey Guys,                                                                                                                                                                          Dillwali Here

This is my First story so I apologise if there are any mistakes. Could  you please let me know if there are any mistakes?

-----------------------------------------

"Koi bhi ullu ka patha sirf ek angoothi pehanakar tumko mujhse nahi cheen sakta ... tum meri ho, sirf meri," (No fool can snatch you away from me by putting a ring on you ... you are mine, just mine)

His red bloodshot eyes filled with anger as Arjun kneeled down before Diya, holding a ring box in his hand. With the other hand he held Diya's right hand.

"Miss Diya Khanna..." he began infuriating Dev. "Will you marry me?"

There were squeals and claps echoing through the café but all Dev was focusing on was her.

'My love surely can't be that weak' he thought,' absorbing everything through the crowd. 'Surely Diya hasn't forgotten the love we shared years back....surely Diya has realised by now what a cheat Arjun is.'

Diya stood there expressionless breathing deeply. She was hurt. her heart had been broken once in the same café....and now Arjun was making it all fresh.

'Please don't say Yes Diya!' Dev prayed.

When Arjun doesn't get an answer, he automatically considers her silence as a yes and begins sliding it down her ring figure.

Diya's expressions tense, but Dev doesn't notice.  

'Who am I kidding? She obviously moved on....besides, I haven't come back to Delhi after all these years to see my ex-girlfriend being proposed by the reason we broke up' Dev thought.

The cheering gets louder as the ring almost reaches the top.

'If she can trust that rascal and not me...then maybe they are made for each other' Dev assured himself. 'I better go before Diya notices that I am here I don't have to watch this.'

He began to march out of the café to avoid any nuisance.

'Has she really forgotten my love and started liking that Idiot....No!! I don't know!!'

Before Dev could leave, Diya slapped Arjun leaving a massive red bruise. Dev flinched and span around.

Arjun was standing there with his palm resting on his cheek. There was pin-drop silence in the café by now.

"HOW DARE YOU" she growled. The café went silent. Arjun's eyes turned red as he took his hand off his cheek.

 "Diya..I-I think-" Arjun began but then was interrupted by another slap.

 Diya slapped him again, but this time it was much harder. Dev stood there in shock. Tears began to roll down her cheeks which threw daggers down Dev's spine.

 "I thought you were different Arjun," she said softly "all guys are the same" she cried and stormed out of the café before Arjun could say anything.

I just stood there as the people that were cheering some time ago, buzzed and hushed....

-----------------------------------------------------------

How was it??                                                                                                                                                                Again it's kind of my first book so if anyone is reading it...DON'T JUDGE                                         

How was the prologue guys??? Did you like it??? The main three characters were introduced : Arjun, Dev and Diya!! What do you think of them?

Please Please Please let me know your opinions in the comments bellow and I'll get back to you ASAP!! I'm open for positive feedback so just throw it at me!!

Don't forget to VOTE!!

❤Dillwali Out❤