Chapter Twenty

I'm really sorry this is late, guys, (It was supposed to go out on Friday,) If you haven't noticed, I started a updating schedule. Separated by the River on Mondays, The Ultimate Betrayal on Wednesday, and Deadly Trio on Friday. I'm trying my best to stick with this, so bare with me. Thanks for your patience.

-Annabeth60510

Sky's POV

"We have some friends to contact." I said.

I set Jason down on the ground gently. He was still unconscious.

"He needs medical attention." Mitch said worriedly.

"No, I can help." Seto knelt down next to Jason and started muttering something.

I took this time to fill in my friend in my plan.

"Look, we are losing people fast. Ian, Caveman, and Ant are all dead. Jason is in no condition to fight. Ty has a damaged arm, which he unsuccessfully tried to hide, and still about a third of us are missing. So, I say it's time we called in some backup."

"You're talking about the rest of the Pack, aren't you." Mitch said.

Both he and Jerome were grinning. I smiled.

"Boys, call the rest of your group. We have some things to discuss.

--A few hours later, after the rest of the Pack arrived, and after everything was explained to them--

"Wow. You guys have been going through a lot." Preston said softly. He wore a black t-shirt with a yellow, orange, and red flame design on it, and plain jeans.

I nodded.

"Yeah. This isn't all of us either, we were all separated somehow, we only just met up with Ryan, Tyler, and Skyler."

"So everyone just...vanished?" Rob asked, a curious expression on his face. His blue hoodie stood out, as he stood next to Preston.

Jerome nodded. "They were all fighting and shouting at each other, because Jason was blaming himself for everything, and then, all at once, the building went silent. When me and Ian went to look, we couldn't find anyone. No recruits, no people, certainly none of us. Then, Mitch and Husky were attacked." He explained.

Mitch looked down guiltily.

"Hey." Jerome suddenly grabbed Mitch, turning him, so he had to look at him.

"Listen to me. It's not your fault. Do not go pull a Jason on me. Stop beating yourself up over it!" He insisted. Mitch stared at him. "Mitch, please. You blaming yourself, it's only making things worse. Please stop. I-I..." All of a sudden, Mitch dissolved in tears. He buried his face is Jerome's chest, sobbing. Jerome hugged him awkwardly, trying to calm him down.

"I-I'm sorry." Mitch said, choking on his tears. "I can't deal with this. I don't u-understand what's going on. I d-don't even understand who we are s-supposed to be fighting. I don't understand anything." We were all silent, having nothing to say. The silence was broken only by Mitch's sobs.