Sugawara Koushi ~ Outburst

Start from the beginning

"I-I gotta go," she muttered, and ran out of the gym, all eyes on Suga once she was gone.

But he didn't concentrate on the looks from his friends. All Koushi could think about was how broken his best friend was.

~*~

The next step up to Sugawara's outburst was two months after Y/N had snapped at him, neither of them talking to eachother since. Suga was the only one home, his parents working late night shifts and volleyball practice cancelled because Daichi was sick. Sugawara was watching TV when there was a knock on the front door, and he answered it happily, only to be greeted by a shaking, sobbing Y/N, a cut underneath her left eye with blood trickling down it, and the bruise, slowly fading, on her right cheek.

"Y-Y/N?" Suga managed to get out at the sign of the mess on his doorstep. "What happened?"

The girl sniffled, letting the tears run down her face as the boy pulled her into a hug, not caring if he got blood on his t-shirt. He shuffled inside the house closing the door behind him and set Y/N down on the couch before rushing into the kitchen to get disinfectant wipes and a plaster for his best friend. She had calmed down a bit now, and was able to tell Suga what happened only stuttering a few times while he cleaned the cut on her face and applied the plaster to it softly.

"H-he abuses me," she sniffled, looking down at her hands as Suga nodded reassuringly, rubbing her forearm gently.

He wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that, as he had never had to deal with that type of thing before. Of course he was supportive, saying it was ok to tell him and that he would be there for her, but he also asked why she was still dating him if he abused her. She answered immediately saying that she loved him, but there was hesitation in her voice. Of course, Suga believed Y/N, but she didn't believe herself, and it was sad.

"So, how did you get that bruise?" He asked. "Honestly."

The girl looked up at her best friend before taking deep breath.

"He hit me," she admitted. "Well, actually, he slapped me then pushed me against the fridge. That's where the bruise came from."

"And that cut?" He pressed on softly.

"He threw a glass at me. I ducked just in time but a shard cut my face," the girl answered quietly. "I was so scared, Koushi, so I came here. I knew I could trust you and that you would be supportive and I just needed a hug from you because your hugs are so warm and..." Y/N began crying again and Suga made no hesitation in hugging her, just like she wanted.

"Hey it's ok," he cooed, smiling brightly that he was able to hug his best friend without her pushing him away or anything. "I always knew he was a jerk."

~*~

The final step to Suga's outburst was the minute before it, when the team and Y/N were just casually hanging out and laughing in the gym after morning practise. It was a few weeks after the glass incident and Y/N was slowly turning back to her normal self, gaining her loud laugh and sarcastic demeanour back with the help from the volleyball team, but mainly Suga. She has thanked him many times for teaching her that she was better than what her boyfriend was treating her as, and she even plucked up the courage to dump him. But all of that caught up with the two in a bad way when Y/N's ex stormed into the gyn, demanding he see the girl.

On instinct, everyone stood up, and Tanaka pushed the girl behind him gently as to protect her. But, it didn't work, and boy was he angry.

"You dumb bitch!" He yelled, storming over to the girl and slapping her across the face.

She yelped in pain, the sudden force sending her to fall onto the floor, her hair falling all around her face. Of course, everybody reacted, but Sugawara was the first to, rushing over to Y/N's aid almost immediately. Daichi and Asahi grabbed her ex's arms, pulling him back while Kageyama stood in front of him, a hand on his chest. Tanaka and Nishinoya were behind Tobio giving her ex some weird looks trying to be intimidating, but hell, they weren't fooling anyone. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were standing behind Y/N for support if she needed any, but she seemed to be fine. Whereas, Hinata was running around the gym screaming.

"You ok?" Suga asked as he helped her up and the girl nodded, slowly removing her hand from her face to reveal a red hand print, staining Y/N's beautiful face.

Fear ran through her eyes and that was when Sugawara snapped. Never had he ever been so angry as to actually yell at someone, but he did, and it took everyone by surprise, even the jerky ex.

"What the hell is your problem?!" He yelled, silence falling over the gym. "Why do you have to abuse her all the time? Just grow the fuck up and move on!"

His voice cracked at the end as he was a bit new to this whole yelling thing, and it sure echoed throughout the gym. But nobody commented on his voice, and instead turned their attention to Y/N, whose face reflected the handprint on her face clearly, like footprints in snow.

"You should leave," Daichi said, his deep voice sending chills down Y/N's spine as well as the glare her ex was giving her. But he left nonetheless, cursing the volleyball team and his ex on the way out and once he was gone, Sugawara gave everyone his usual close-eyed smile.

Y/N suddenly hugged the boy and thanked him again and again for yelling, even though it terrified her even more than Daichi when he was yelling.

"Well, I still have to get used to the whole yelling thing," he laughed sweetly.

~*~

Wow, over 1000 words. I wasn't even intending on making this one-shot that long, but oh well. 😂 any requests??