I didn't get what she meant when the guy stands by my side and my eyes widen. I hope he hasn't heard anything or I would dig myself a grave. "It's you. That weird girl," he says.

Xiara chuckles. "Weird girl? No one has called me that before."

He gives her a flat look. "Get out. That's my seat."

Xiara looks at me. "It's nice talking to you, Star," she stands up and before she gets to walk away, she leans down my ear and whisper. "---does you heart beat when he's there?"

I opened my mouth but she winks and goes her merry way. I look away and tried to distract myself with my phone while the class hasn't started yet. I was used to the silence,  but this time it felt awkward to me.

Should I thank him? No way! A voice on my head says and I stay shut when he speaks up. "Are you alright?"

I don't look up and pretend to be clicking some icons even if my hands were beginning to sweat. "I don't need your concern. But I'm fine."

"Don't expect me to give you any favors because I never asked for you help," I added before he could reply but he doesn't say anything and it makes me pissed off he doesn't reply but let it be.

///

"Didn't I tell you? It was fate, Star," Janna smiles at me and munches on a chip. I glare at her. "Just admit that it's your fault. Because of your bogus talk, look what happened to me."

"Oh Star. How naïve of you," she cooed. "--you wouldn't act this way if you don't like him."

I flushed red. "Am not! There's nothing to like about him!"

"Then why are you thinking about it so much?" she asks and I couldn't find myself the answer either. Why was I thinking about it so much? Was it because it was weird or was it something else?

"Anyway. I don't like him. It's just weird."

"Shouldn't you thank him or something?" Janna starts. "--what for? I'm not gonna thank him. It'll ruin me."

"Star, there's a difference between vulnerability and rudeness. What you're doing now is being rude. It wouldn't hurt to say thank you. It's normal."

"But he's my enemy!" I defended. "--it would feed off his ego. I can never admit that."

"But he literally let go of his ego to help you. Especially when you're at fault."

"Are you guilt-tripping me?" I say to her and she grins. "--is it working?"

"Anyway, just give him a food offering or something," Janna says. "--You're a tough girl right? A real woman knows when you apologize and thank someone."

///

Stupid Janna. Twisting me with her words. Look at me, actually doing something about it just because she taunted me. Real mature of her.

I can't believe myself. What is happening to me? I'm so humiliated right now, especially if he rejects it.

I've never been rejected. I was always the one who rejects people before they do because it would make me look like a loser. I hated feeling that way and how high my ego is but if this would settle things right than maybe I could do it if I try.