Red String of Fate (S.Coups/Seungcheol and Joshua/Jisoo)

6th February 2016, 2:00pm

"What're you doing, love?" Seungcheol slipped his arms around Mina's waist. "A letter just came in, and I was about to read it. Until you interrupted me. Rude." Mina scrunched up her face, and attempted to wriggle her way out of Seungcheol's grasp. "Isn't that from your best friend? You should probably read it, y'know." He smiled, kissing the top of her head. "Of course I'll read it, but I haven't heard from her for so long. It's been about a year since she moved to America. Speaking of which, didn't Joshua say he sees her at his workplace often?"

"Yeah, we probably should give her a call or something. Isn't a letter outdated though?" A frown on Seungcheol's face marred his features, and Mina sighed. "She probably doesn't want to directly contact us. It's something sensitive. By the way, Cheol. It says 'to Mina and Seungcheol', so sit here with me."

"Let's read it together.

16th March 1996, 3:00pm

You ran through the grassy field, trying to escape the clutches of your friend. At a young age, you were gifted with the ability to see the 'red threads of fate', the sole thing that bound soulmates together. Of course, with that ability, you could change destined soulmates too. Of course, you were able to cheat a little with it. Knowing which direction he was coming from, the five year old you giggled and ran off again.

"Come on, I'm tired of chasing you. How do you always find out where I am before I can even see you?" The black haired boy huffed, before folding his arms and frowning. You stepped out of your hiding place, tackling him. He let out a grunt, before collasping to the ground. "I caught you!" You laughed, hugging him tightly. "Yeah, yeah, you got me." The two of you decided to lie down on the grassy patch, and talked about kid things.

"Next time, when we grow up, let's get married, okay?" The seven year old next to you clasped your hand in his. You nodded, kissing his cheek.

"We're soulmates, after all."

3rd January 2015, 10:00am

"It's been ages, Mina!" You ran forward, hugging her tightly. "I know, I'm sorry it's been so long!" You and Mina had both just finished your university studies, Mina having studied for five years in Japan, while you remained in Korea for your three years of study. She was older than you by two years, so the two of you ended up with a graduation certificate at the same time. "So Mina, did you bring your special someone with you?" You wriggled your eyebrows, arm slung around her shoulder. "Of course! I know this is sudden and all, but I already told you about the wedding, right? Everything else has been settled but the dresses.. But I want you to be my maid of honour!"

"You don't even have to ask, Mina! You know I'd do it for you." You were glad that Mina had found a guy she really loved, and as Mina raised her hand for a highfive, you stopped short. "Wait, Mina, where's your fiancé?" You raised your eyebrows, and she laughed. "I can't believe you didn't notice him. Seungcheol, come here!"

As Mina's fiancé walked into your line of vision, you noticed one thing.

His red thread wasn't connected to Mina's.

10th January 2015, 9:00am

"Do you think this dress is okay?" Holding up a beautiful, white gown that was laced with faux pearls, Mina smiled. "I think it looks beautiful, Mina. Why don't you try it on for Seungcheol to see?" You shoved her into the dressing room, and she snorted. Smile dropping off your face, you contemplated how to go around telling Mina that Seungcheol wasn't her destined one.

Mina knew about this special power of yours, but never asked if she and Seungcheol were suited for each other. Mina and Seungcheol had been dating for nearly five years, since they met in university overseas. The two were attached to the hip, and you wanted to get Mina alone when you told her. Her wedding was in a month, and if you didn't tell her, you were worried she would regret her decision.