Accents (Vernon/Hansol)

"Vernon, your accent is just too sexy, could you say something else in English?" One of the female Pledis trainees giggled, as the other female trainees crowded around him, eager to hear what he would say. You were seated on a bench, rolling your eyes as your trainee friends left you to talk to Vernon.

"A-ah, girls, please.. Joshua hyung sounds better than me." Vernon rubbed the nape of his neck, smiling sheepishly. "No, no, just say something in English!" Another girl battered her eyelashes at him. You sipped from your water bottle, ignoring the commotion in the practise room. A nagging voice in the back of your head told you it was your envy kicking in, and you mentally batted your conscience away. You were too busy trying not to tear those girls away from your crush, Hansol Vernon Choi.

All of a sudden, the door opened slightly and a hand stuck out from the crack. It motioned to you, and you stared at it blankly. Would a random hand just wave you over like that? Putting down your water bottle, you stood up and left, with no one noticing. They were all too focused on Vernon, and they didn't even notice the door open. As you walked out, you closed the door and stared at the person who'd called you out of the practise room.

It was S.coups, a good friend you'd made from training in Pledis. "Hey Seungcheol, what did you want?" You asked, fist-bumping him. He grimaced as he motioned for you to move closer. He whispered something in your ear, and you recoiled in shock. "Are you kidding me? Cheol, you can do that yourself." You scrunched up your face as he made his puppy face. "Please, those friends of yours are super scary when we get near them." "Maybe because you guys are idols, and pretty good-looking." You sighed, groaning. "Fine, fine. You owe me big time. Pick up my dead body at 9pm, courtesy of the other girls."

You walked back into the practise room, and stood in the middle. How would anyone get Vernon out of that mess? You shrugged, walking over to the circle of girls and somehow got to Vernon. "Sup, Vernon. Coups wants you back in your practise room." One of the trainee girls, known for being mean, glared at you. "How did you know Coups oppa wanted Vernon back?" "He was outside earlier, and I saw him." You shrugged, tugging Vernon out of the circle. He blinked, as you pulled him out the practise room before the girls could continue whining.

S.coups hugged Vernon gleefully. "You're still alive! Thanks, now we really gotta get out of here!" He yanked Vernon back to Seventeen's practise room before Vernon could say goodbye. You found yourself waving at empty space as you walked back in. Your friends started crowding around you, asking you questions about S.coups and Vernon. They knew about your crush on the latter, and were really excited. "You looked so cool pulling him out the room!" "Does S.coups know about it too, then?" "Imagine S.coups trying to set them up!"

Facepalming, you answered, "Thanks, I'm always cool. No, Coups doesn't know. No, he isn't going to find out and set us up." Staring at your friends suspiciously, "Coups doesn't know.. Right?" They began whistling and looking away in an attempt to feign innocence. "YOU TOLD COUPS?" You yelled, your eyes widening, unintentionally attracting the attention of all the other trainees in the room.

"Well.. I told Jun, and he may or may not have run over to The8 to discuss this.." One of your friends hid behind the rest. "Not to mention the fact Seungkwan was sitting right next to The8. You know how Seungkwan is, spilling the beans to everyone, haha.." You began to emit a dark aura, and reached out to grab the nearest friend. "You're all dead."

After a bowl of ramyun (or two), you were sitting in the Pledis cafeteria, swinging your legs back and forth on the high chair. Practise was over for the day, and noticing how enthusiaticallly powerful your dancing was, they had to keep you happy. Your friends sat around the table with you, and one of them began waving wildly. The friend next to you hissed 'Vernon' as she elbowed you. You let out a yelp, glaring at her. "Jun oppa, over here!" You eyes moved to glare at your other friend. Coups might be picking up more than one dead body after you were done.

Woozi sat down, and your friend casually moved to sit next to him, winking as she did. That traitor, you thought. Jun and S.coups basically shoved everyone to other seats, or another table nearby. Ensuring there were no other seats except the ones next to you (and a seat for Jun), Jun and Coups grinned evilly. Coups sat on your right, while Jun went to sit with one of your friends. Coups nudged you as Vernon sat down next to you, half stunned. All your friends began to smirk, and you facepalmed.

Vernon twiddled his thumbs under the table, and tried to strike up a conversation with you. You swore even the members of Seventeen sitting at the other table were grinning evilly. Coups cleared his throat, attracting the attention of everyone at the table. "I heard that you like accents, and that Vernon's is especially sexy." He threw you a grin, and you stared at him in horror. Fortunately, Vernon couldn't see your face. Firstly, because you were facing away from him, and secondly, because he flushed and looked down at his hands, twiddling his thumbs faster.

"Oh, is that true?" Jun began to support Coups, giving you a look. "Y-yeah, Vernon's accent is pretty sweet." You bit your lip, trying to not blush too hard. Vernon looked at you, eyes open in surprise. "Really, you think my accent's cool? You never paid attention to me when the other trainees made me use it." "Well, I mean.. I'm not them. Even if your accent is cool, that's no reason for me to corner you and make you speak English." You smiled at him, patting his shoulder. Vernon's face lit up, and he smiled back at you.

"I'd speak English for you anytime, so if it's you asking, I'll do it properly and not avoid it." He said, cheeks pink.

Coups sniggered, saying, "What do you mean by 'if it's you asking', Vernon?" Your friends had began to smack each other, trying to hold in their squeals. Vernon buried his face in his hands, and Coups patted your head. "Vernon, is there something you want to say?"

Vernon slid his hands down his face, and looked you in the eye. "Actually, I.. Like you. Coups hyung and Jun hyung have been trying to get me to confess to you, but I get dragged away by the other girls and don't want to be rude."

"I've liked you for a very long time now, but you always ignore me." He puffed out his cheeks, staring at the table. You laughed, pressing your lips to his cheek. "I like you too, silly. I just haven't told you, that's all." You swore you heard Jeonghan squeal from the other table. Vernon shyly slid his hand into yours, and you laced your fingers with his.

You couldn't wait to hear that accent of his on your first date.