Accidentally Neighbours (Mingyu)

"Yes, mom. I know, I'll go buy groceries. Okay, okay. Yes. Bye mom-" You crashed into someone, the impact making you drop your phone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-" You had bent down to pick up your phone, when a hand brushed by yours. You looked up, only to meet the eyes of Kim Mingyu, a rather popular basketball player in the school. next to yours. Girls fangirled over him, regardless of whether he was from your school or not.

He smiled at you, and picked up your phone. "It's not a problem, don't worry." Handing you your phone, he sat down and beckoned for you to sit next to him. "Where are you headed?" "I'm going to go grocery shopping at the Diamond Mart near my house. My mother asked me to pick up some meat and stuff for her." You answered, sitting down next to him. "Hey, I go shopping with my mom at that mart! The cashiers are so weird, they always say-"

"Slip into the diamond life!" Mingyu and you yelled at the same time. "I don't get it, maybe that's their slogan?" He shrugged, unsure. "So that means you live nearby?" "Yeah, actually. Just down the road!" You grinned, swinging your legs back and forth. "Hey, I live there too! I stay in the light blue house, number 46." Mingyu's eyes widened, as he held your shoulders. "I stay in number 45, the cream coloured house!"

"We're neighbours then! That's so cool. In that case, do you mind if I accompany you? I'd like to get to know my neighbour better."

"Mingyu, could you reach that box of pasta on the top shelf? My mom always has to pick the ones I can't reach." You crossed your arms, huffing. Mingyu just laughed, and helped you take the box you wanted. "I do this all the time, so I don't mind helping you." You smiled at him. "Thanks, Mingyu. You're an angel in disguise." Mingyu's cheeks tinged pink, as he placed the box in your shopping cart. "You're welcome."

After checking out, Mingyu and you were laden with groceries. "Who knew my mother needed so much stuff? Sorry you have to help me, Mingyu." "Hey, I always have time to help a pretty lady, except when I'm late for class." He smiled, nudging you. You turned your head away, trying to hide the tinge of pink on your cheeks. "Oh, shut up, Mingyu."

You put down the bags and opened the door to your house, Mingyu trailing behind. He put the bags on your kitchen table, and dusted his hands. "Sorry neighbour, but I gotta go. I have to help my mom with dinner and stuff. Give me your number?" You nodded, handing him your phone. He keyed in his number and saved it, and you did the same with his phone.

When he left, your phone buzzed. It was a text from Mingyu.

'Walk to school together with me tomorrow? :)'

You laughed, responding with a yes. You definitely wanted and would be seeing a lot more of Mingyu in the future, but you didn't mind.

He was your neighbour. And a very cute one at that.