School Reunion (Mingyu)

"Come on, you know you want to go see our old classmates." Your best friend from high school, Min, whined as she tugged at your legs. "I don't want to go, especially because that brat, Kim Mingyu, will be there!" You sighed, looking back down at your book. Min grinned evilly, she had a 'secret weapon' up her sleeve. "I heard that Jeon Wonwoo is going, and that he's gotten more handsome over the year we haven't seen him." You perked up, and grabbed her by the shoulders. "JEON WONWOO? Let's go, I'll see you downstairs in 10." Walking down the stairs in your house, she texted Seungcheol and let him know both of you were coming.

By the time you arrived at the reunion with Min, it was half an hour past the arranged meeting time. Min dragged you over to your group of girl friends and began chatting excitedly. "Where's Wonwoo?" You hissed, elbowing Min. She tilted her head to the left, and you looked over and saw him. Jeon Wonwoo, your crush of your senior year in high school. You smacked Min, trying not to squeal. She was right, he had gotten more attractive. As you turned back to look at him again, you saw him talking to someone. You squinted, and looked away.

It just so happened, Wonwoo's best friend was Kim Mingyu, the brat who tormented you throughout senior year. Memories of him tugging at your hair and throwing paper balls at you started to come back, and you scrunched your face up. Whatever, you thought, listening to the girls' conversation.

"I heard from Seungcheol that Mingyu had a crush on you during high school~" One of the girls nudged you, and you gave her an incredulous expression. "Mingyu, liking me? No thanks, you guys know I preferred and still do prefer Wonwoo." You rolled your eyes, and another girl giggled. "Everyone knew about your crush on Wonwoo except Wonwoo himself, I'm pretty sure." You turned to look at Min, and she raised up her hands in self defence. "I said nothing, but I really wonder how Wonwoo had no clue, he's not that dumb."

"Hello, ladies. Missed me, I'm sure." You heard that annoying voice, and your eye twitched. Taking out your phone, you ignored Mingyu who had approached your table. You texted your college buddy, and his reply was not amusing. The text read, 'I know you're annoyed at him, but I think your friends are right. He probably does like you~' Stuffing your phone back in your pocket, you slumped against your chair. Feeling a tug at your hair, you turned around, about to scold Mingyu.

You did not expect his face to be that close when you turned around. Blinking, you turned back around, only for him to tug at your hair again. Your friends were giggling and nudging each other, embarrassing you. "Mingyu, you still can't stop pulling my hair? It's been a year." Huffing, you swatted at his hand. Mingyu laughed, letting go of your hair, but grabbing your hands.

"The only thing I really ever wanted to pull were your heartstrings. Guess I've failed, even after all this time."

You couldn't exactly turn around, since he was holding your hands, but your cheeks began to turn a light shade of pink. It wasn't like you never noticed Mingyu, he was handsome, you had to admit. His surprising confession was flattering, but you get him. Mingyu let go of your hands, seeing a lack of response. "Well, I'd better be off. Wonwoo hyung is probably wondering where I went to." He bit his lip and left, shoulders hunched.

Min smacked you, and hissed, "You didn't say anything! He's been moping around the past year, Wonwoo said. Mingyu really likes you, idiot!" Grimacing, you got the hint. "Alright, alright, I'll go talk to him." You stood up and walked over to Mingyu, tugging on his shirt's sleeve. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" Mingyu nodded, letting you drag him out of the room. Your friends were all squealing at the table once again, and Seungcheol and Wonwoo were laughing at them. "I really hope he gets to confess to her." Seungcheol said. "I didn't give her up for nothing, I knew that she liked me." Wonwoo groaned.

When the both of you got outside, you asked Mingyu, "Mingyu-ah, did you really like me?" He nodded, looking almost insulted when you asked. "I've liked you since junior year, I was just always too shy to talk to you. The only way I could think of getting your attention was to pick on you a little." Mingyu looked away shyly, and you patted his hand. "I wasn't scary or anything.. Right?" He shook his head, patting yours. "You were really cool, and maybe that was why. I knew you liked Wonwoo hyung too, that got me pretty desperate for your attention."

You mentally cursed Min for letting everyone know your love for Wonwoo. "That was the wrong way to go about it, I ended up annoyed at you for the whole year." Sighing, you continued. "But I am sorry I didn't realise you liked me, I guess I can be really dense too." Mingyu nodded again, still looking shy. "I probably should have found a better way to talk to you, I'm the one who should be sorry." Laughing, you smacked his arm. "Look at us idiots apologizing for something we can't change. Come on, Mingyu. Let's go back in."

Turning towards the door of the room, you reached out for the handle. Mingyu grabbed your wrist, and pulled you into a hug. "We can't change the past, but can I be part of your future? I want to be someone in your life, I don't have to be too special." You wrapped your arms around him, patting his back. "Sure, Mingyu. I don't mind being friends with you." Mingyu smiled, kissing the top of your head. "Just between you and me, I hope I don't end up as just your friend." Blushing, you buried your head into his chest.

Taking you by the wrist, Mingyu led you back into the room. Your face was still slightly red, but he dragged you over to Wonwoo and Seungcheol. "Hey there, since when did you and Mingyu get so cozy?" Groaning, you smacked Seungcheol. "We're friends now, so you hush it." Wonwoo grinned, and patted your head. Right on the spot Mingyu kissed. Your face began turning really red, and you covered it. Seungcheol shook his head, poking Mingyu. "What did you do to her, she's totally red." Mingyu smiled, and gave you a backhug.

"I just convinced her to let me be part of her life, that's all."