6

These words are knives that often leave scars.       -Panic! At The Disco: This Is Gospel

  "I heard there was an amusement park here, so I guess we'll go there." Bill said as we walked towards the bright lights of the park. I nod at the thought.

  We reach the park, and get into surprisingly short line for tickets. After a minute or so of waiting we get to the front and I pull out some money. Bill and I get out tickets and got to have fun at the park.

  As we're walking we get split up. I try to find him, but he was no where to be seen. I continue to walk. As I'm walking the colors blur past me. Sounds overwhelm my ears, and I can't find a place to escape the stares of people.

  "Man, you should need a license to be that ugly." I hear someone laugh. I turn to see the person pointing directly at me. At first I tried to believe they weren't talking about me, but the next thing they said confirmed it.

  "He must love nature considering he's wearing a pine tree hat. That's really surprising once you see what nature did to his face." Someone in the group says laughing. I frown and run off, their laughter haunting my head.

  As I run I can feel the stares of people on me. They were all probably thinking the same as those other people. I was ugly. I would never be good enough. Did they not get it yet? Did they not realize I hate myself already? They don't have to put me down anymore.

  "Oof! Hey, kid, you ok?" A familiar voice says as I bump into them. They put their arms around me to steady both of us as we come close to falling. I look up at Bill, but quickly look down in fear of him noticing my tears.

  "Let's just go home, please." I mumble as I step away from his embrace. He seems concerned, but he complies with my idea without a word.

  We walk home, and I unlock the locked door. I grab a towel and comfortable clothes before I enter the bathroom. I turn on the shower and step in. I think about what those people had said and tears start to fall. Soon I break down and kneel under the steady stream of water as I cry.

  I finish the rest of my shower quickly and dry off. I put the clothes I had grabbed on and walk out of the bathroom. Bill had fallen asleep on the bed already when I looked in the bedroom. I didn't have any extra blankets or pillows, so I crawled into the bed. I turned my back on the sleeping person and let my eyes close.

                                        ~~*~~

  I wake up from a deep sleep to the sound of singing. I keep my eyes closed as I hear the soft tune. I soon crack open my eyes and look to see Bill sitting on the bed singing.

  "You're good at that." I say quietly. He seems to jump up at my voice and he stops singing. I get up and he follows.

  "So, do you want to go out for breakfast? We can go get some groceries for the house afterwards if you want." I suggest. He nods.

  I grab a t-shirt and jeans then walk to the bathroom to change. After I finish changing I grab my phone and some money.

  "You ready?" I ask Bill. The blond nods and we're off. We walk to a fast food place not to far away and grab some food. After grabbing our food we head to a small grocery store.

  We grab a few things and go to the register to pay. I hand the money to the person working there and he looks me up and down in a subtle way. The problem was that I had known people to do that all to well.

    We walk out of the store with our bags and walk home. We get to our place pretty quickly. I quickly put up the good we had bought than went to look at my phone.

  I had a missed call from my mom. I'll ignore that. A text from Soos about hanging out with him later. I decided to do that later. I text him back quickly. I then look at some of the other things on my phone.

  I get out a book I had been reading and start reading some of that. After a while I look at my phone and realize I have to go.

  "Bill, I'm leaving, I'll be back later." I say to Bill then I add, "don't burn the place down while I'm gone." He just nods, and I leave the house to hang out with Soos.

  I got back home extremely tired. I walk in and walk towards my room. Bill is lying on the bed asleep and I just crawl in next to him. I turn away from him and slowly drift to sleep.

                                           ~~*~~

  I wake up and grab my work uniform. I walk into the bathroom, change, brush my teeth, and put my hat on. I walk out of the house and towards the alchemy shop.

  I walk inside the shop, clock in, and start work. I work the cash register when people come in. While people aren't here I clean. That was the same routine I had since I started a few days ago.

  I worked a few hours. Then walk home. When I got home I could hear faint yells and a bit of jingles that probably came from the necklaces wrapped around Silvio's horns. I walk into the house to see Silvio rolling on the floor, not able to get up. Bill was running around seeming worried. Suddenly Bill stops running and stares at me.

  Soon I'm on the floor with Bill's arms around me. He hugs me, and I sit awkwardly not knowing what to do.

  "Oh, you're ok. I was worried. I didn't know where you were." Bill says.