4

I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human. -John Trudell

"Bill? Is that really you?" I ask. I couldn't get any other questions out. So the dreams were real? Was he the singing voice I heard? Why was he even here?

"Yes, Pine tree, it's me." He answers. I just stare while he keeps his eye on me. Bill's stare never faltered and neither did mine.

"What are you doing here? What do you want with me? I thought you were gone, how are you back? Have you been sending me to the mindscape?" I ask rapid fire. He seems to move back a bit.

"Um, well, I was gone but I came back after my powers grew back to what they had been before the incident. I did send you to the mindscape. As for the questions about my plans for being here... That's a little harder to explain." He answers just as rapidly as I had asked the questions.

"It can't be that hard. Knowing you it's some deal that's going to make me regret my life decisions." I say. For a split second I thought I had hurt him with my comment, but the sad look in his eye vanished seconds later.

"Well, the deal parts right... The regret part, I'm not so sure on." The triangle answers. I roll my eyes in disbelief.

"No deal." Was all I said out loud. He stays silent for a second.

"Could you at least here me out?" He pleads. I sigh.

"Try your best. I'm not going to make the deal." I answer. He sighs in relief. What is so important about this deal?

"The deal is simple really. I make you happy again like when you first came here when you were 12, and in return I get the satisfaction of making the deal..." Bill said. I knew the last part was a lie.

"I'm not making a deal in which I don't even know the true value of the deal. You obviously don't want this just for the satisfaction of making a deal. There's something bigger." I answer him.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me... Look Pine tree, I need this deal. Honestly, the whole town could benefit from this deal... I just need you to say yes. I can't tell you what I get out of the deal, but just know it's good for everyone." The demon replies to me. I frown at his long drawn out speech. Was this actually true?

"Could you give me time to think on this?" I ask. Bill seems to think on this for a bit.

"Let me tell you a story to take your mind off the deal for a while. I mean, I've been alive for a long time and I have some pretty good stories." Bill says almost urgently. I simply nod.

"Well, sometime, in some year long forgotten there was a boy. This boy was a bit different than anyone else. His vision was messed up and he could only see through one of his eyes, he was never really one for sports, and he dabbled in what others would have called witchcraft.

This practice the boy used had been used by generations of his family for as long as any records could go back. He soon got the point where he was so good at creating the energy for the magic he couldn't control it, and that was his downfall.

He had went through years of bullying. Being tortured by the ones around him that the magic got out of control. One day he had been beaten and teased and all the energy that had built up was released and the magic came. Fire illuminated around him. It covered him and his bullies. Though he wasn't hurt, the others were.

The boy ran after realizing what he has done. He found himself lost in the woods not to long later. He sat in the woods crying in the realization of how many people he had just hurt.

That's when he heard a voice call out to him. It was a blue figure. Almost looked a floating blue circle, but the boy knew it had to be fake.

'Hi, kid. I saw what you did there. That seems to be quite the problem, huh? Well, I can help.' The circle said. The boy looked at him confused.

'How could you help me?' He asked. The circle replied with two short words. 'A deal.'

The deal seemed simple at first. The kid would take the circles place and make deals with people. After 10,000 deals the kids problems would be gone, and he would be sent back to his regular body.

The could shook the man's hand and the deal was on. He went on for years and years collecting deals. The circle had been right, his problems did eventually go away, but now he was dealing with new problems. One of these problems was trying to stay human in the demon for he was in.

This kid... He only has one more deal left. That's all he needs..." Bill of at the end. I look up at him, surprised at how much emotion he had put into that story, but I still wasn't sold on his deal.

"Why would I make a deal with you? The last you were here and I made a deal I was turned into a puppet." I say. The last time he seemed so confident and insane, but now... He just seemed desperate.

"Please Dipper. Just this one last deal, then this will all be over. No tricks this time Dipper. Just one more deal." The yellow triangle holds his hand out in one last plea. I don't know what it was, wether it was his desperate pleading, the story he told me, or just instinct, I shook his hand.

As the blue fire engulfed our hands I knew I had made the right choice. There were not going to be any tricks. There weren't going to be any deal breaking. This was going to be a good deal.

I knew this for sure...