Chatper 36 Make Speeches, not war

----------an extra long update to make up for the confused posting last week!--------

I folded my hands neatly on my lap in an attempt to compose myself through physical actions. But the only thing that it did was make me uncomfortable and anxious. Nirmal was equally tensed next to me, something that I didn't see often in her. The rest of the younger generation of the Legacy family milled about in the room, all of us still in the clothes that we wore for the livestream since we flew right back and marched ourselves to Katerina's apartment.

"The livestream is a success." Viktor said, coming through the door with dishevelled hair and a bundle of nervous energy. "There's apparently uproar everywhere, particularly the Citybases that were blocked from receiving the earlier footages. The UGE had been pestering the main base and I think we have an hour or two before our presence would be missed."

Nodding, I surveyed the room taking in everyone's mood; it seemed that all of us were nervous and some confused. Chungkit Wong had disappeared, herded away by Saralisa as soon as we arrived. I had told Katerina that we needed to talk and the Original had nodded in understanding.

A staff came in and set down a tray of tea and biscuits for us, and I picked one up just to have something to do with my hands. I wasn't in the mood to eat anything when I was this close to getting answers to the mystery that had been plaguing me for what seemed to be forever.

"What do you think they are hiding?" Nirmal asked, keeping her voice low so the others wouldn't hear from their various pacing or thinking place in the spacious living room.

"A lot. And I am really hoping that they will finally tell us." I answered; too wired up to explain to Nirmal about all the little bits that I picked up over the last year.

Finally, Katerina, Saralisa and what looked to be a completely recovered Chungkit entered the room. Everyone immediately paused what they were doing and gathered around.

"Well done." Chungkit said, giving me a smile. I nodded at the Original, feeling a little flattered by his attention and a nibble of guilt at the fact that I let him offer himself up to be held by the Sea Legres

"Doesn't this remind you of what we were like?" Katerina smiled, there was something a little different about her, but I couldn't quite figure it out yet. She was talking to Saralisa, who looked more tense than usual, but gave a stiff nod of acknowledgment to Katerina's question.

"Miss Katerina." Sebastian did a little bow to Katerina, who looked dotingly at the young man.

"Sit down, Sebastian." She urged, and then turned to those who were still standing. "In fact, can everyone please take a seat?"

Everyone obliged, after all this was a) her home and b) she's like three hundred years older than us.

"Abigail, can you tell us what is going on?" Lorenzo demanded, pinching his nose and looking like he hadn't slept in days. "One minute you wanted to add Viktor to the group in case something happens, the next you whipped out the original Peace Treaty Contract and added both of your names on it."

The three Originals looked at me in surprise, and I glared at Lorenzo's version of the truth. That was not what happened.