Chapter 33 A Reunion

-----Don't the covers look beautiful? Again, many thanks to MulanJiang ; And StevenSteel , there is a joke in here for you! ------------------------

"I take it there is a point that you summoned us to another meeting again, Miss Becket?" Wolfgang Lessig's irritating voice said, and I felt like I was right where we started before; that guy's condescending manner never ceased to amaze me, even after all that I have done to ensure the safety and the legacy of the world continues.

"Wolfgang, let's not patronize the poor girl." Grandpa Hugo stepped in, he had come along with Francesca, in fact, all of the families decided to bring an entourage of people to attend. While I wasn't told this, but I did believe that this was the biggest Legacy Families gathering ever held; I didn't think there was ever one after the Originals settled back down in their home Citybase.

Looking around at the full table, I felt a sense of victory. The war might not be won yet, but getting them all here together was definitely a milestone. Nirmal and Sue Zhou both gave me a smile, and that was all the encouragement I needed.

"We haven't had a chance to regroup after the events that took place after our last meeting; in fact, some of you were not there." I started, looking around the room and trying to make eye contact with everyone. I could see Tom standing in the far corner of the room and is presence calmed me a little. "We have come to some breakthrough on the Apocalypse."

I could see a slightly alarmed look from Eric, the younger Smith family member, a guy around Mr. Andrewson's age with platinum blonde hair and dark blue eyes. His companion - Lilith, who looked like she must be his mother kept a straight face on. The Alverez Carillo representative, a pair of twins in the late twenties called Fabio and Elena remained passive; the South America Citybases had more pressing problems with the Legres than to care about the terrorist group across the ocean. It was mainly the Bugatti's insistent that had got the two here.

The thought of the Bugatti family sent my eyes searching around the room for Lorenzo, who had been a surprisingly useful helping hand for orchestrating this meeting. He was standing behind the two senior members of his family and gave me a wink when I caught his eyes. Cocky bastard.

"We found their base." I spoke before Wolfgang would have a chance to interrupt, a silence descended upon the room and I could see a few shocked faces; even those who were clued in on this discovery looked impressed. "We also found out part of their plan, thanks to the Bugatti family."

Eyes shifted towards the corner of the room where the Italians congregated. They didn't seem to detest the attention, and the oldest member, the guy Lorenzo was standing behind spoke.

"We had been trying to infiltrate their ranks for years." Giulio Bugatti might be old and small in stature, but he knew how to command an audience. "We kept it a secret since the more people who knew, the more likely that they would too. We have lost many good men until our Lorenzo succeeded."

Mummers sounded throughout the room, and I could see some skeptical faces. Infiltration had always been their game and less of ours, since they were in the dark and hard to find. And the idea that the Bugatti family had been doing this behind our backs didn't exactly inspire confidence in our hearts either.