Stressed Out (BSM #38)

(Age 17)

"Ashton, I'm pregnant." You say, your voice barely above a whisper, your hands shaking, sighing and looking down. The thought of looking at your older brother, that made you want to throw up.

"What? Y/N you're seventeen!" He snaps, walking toward you.

"I know!" You cry your head in your hands. "I'm two months, I went to the doctor yesterday! I dunno what happened Ashton! I was taking a birth control pill!" You cry. You were really tiny so you didn't notice, until you realized how late your periods were. You thought it could've been the birth control.

"Well you'll have to find somewhere to live!" He snaps. "I won't support teen pregnancy in my house!"

You look up at him, shaking. "Ashton please, I need my big brother, I dunno what to do! And, a-and I'm sorry!" You cry, loudly, shaking.

"'No Y/N! I am not letting you stay here! That's final! Go stay with your baby daddy or something, but not here!" He snaps.

You just nod. "O-okay." You whisper, and sigh. "C-can I have a day to f-figure something out?" You shake.

"I guess."

You walk upstairs and start packing thinking about everything. What are you going to do? You have no where to go, you have a baby, and the father left you.

You sigh and start to cry again, salty tears coating your clothes. You sit on a bench for a while unsure what to do, before getting in your car, and renting a motel for the night.

***

The next few months you just got more and more stressed, you weren't eating enough to produce a healthy baby.

You lay on the table and sigh heavily. "Hang in there baby." You whispers to the now huge baby bump. You were just trying to do your best, still staying at the cheap motel, saving up for a few months of an apartments rent.

You shake, as the cool jelly touches your skin, the nurse goes wide eyed straight away. "I've got to go get the doctor." She says, you frown, worried.

"Oh god." You whisper, shaking. "No no you're okay, I know you're okay." You whisper to the bump, it was a little girl. You had grown to love her, even though she ruined your life, you were trying to give her the best life possible with your situation.

But you knew it wasn't okay, the way the nurse rushed out, and the rigid ache that spread across your collarbones like fire told you something was so badly wrong. So wrong. You take a deep breath.

Your doctor rushes in, his arms calm but his face struck with worry, you exhale.

"Oh my gosh. Okay, ma'am, your baby, your baby is dead, a-and were going to have to abort it." Your doctor, Doctor Gordon, says.

You start to sob, you knew something was wrong, you should've ate more. You cry hard and hold the nurses hand, sobbing. You sign the form sloppily for your release and they put you to sleep.

The operation was successful, but honestly you wouldn't of minded of something went wrong. You lost your baby. You failed at being a mother. You couldn't even keep it alive.

***
Although you thought you hated your older brother for what he did, after the recovery he was the only person you could go see. Your father was a mystery, and your mother had hated you since birth.

You knock shakily, still crying. He opens the door and glances at you, your hair was mated, and you look up. "I-I lost the baby." You cry.

He gasps. "Oh my god." He whispers.

Ashton had done some thinking, and he realized he didn't know if you were alive if the baby was alive, dead whatever. He was supposed to take care of you. You were his little sister, and he had ruined your life.

"I know you didn't wanna see me, a-and I'll go but, I just wanted to see if you'd be my brother again now that I don't have a baby." You cry loudly, in your hands.

Ashton's heart breaks, "N-no of course not. Come in. God I'm so sorry, I should've let you stay here." He whispers pulling you in his arms. "God I'm so fucking sorry, Y/N, please, I'm surprised you're here." He whispers and strokes your hair, holding your head to his chest.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't of got pregnant! I knew you'd do that!" You cry choking on your words, and sobbing harder than ever.

"Shh shh, you're okay, I know this is terrible, I know, but please baby, please look at me." He sighs gently and kisses your hair.

You look up, your lip trembling trying not to let out another sound.

"I love you, you're my baby sister, and I messed up okay? I'm really sorry, but I know you'll get through this okay? You'll get through this. You're strong." He whispers.

You nod and take some deep breaths, composing yourself slowly, trying to push the thought away for now.

Authors Note
Wow. This one is pretty emotional. I've never written something like that, it's kinda scary.
Let me know if you want a part two!

All the love,
Taylor