Someone to Confide In (BSM #31)

Age 19

You and Luke were less than an hour apart, so he had a playmate from birth, and he had a best friend too. No matter how close him and the boys got, Luke still had moments where the hate on twitter got to him, and the worry of talking about it to the boys was just way too much. He couldn't talk to them about those things, it was way too scary, I guess. You weren't sure but every so often, you'd just get on twitter and tumblr and search, 'luke hemmings hate', read the things and see how recent they'd been sent. 

Today was one of those days, Luke had some issues with his vocals on tour, and you knew he'd spend the rest of the night beating himself up in his head, so you called him. "Hey bub." You say softly scrolling through twitter, frowning at some of the nasty things that had been said. 

"Hey." He whispers, you almost couldn't hear him, which always worried you. Normally if Luke was quiet, it meant he didn't want you to know that he was crying. 

"Don't listen to it. Don't look at it, please just stop, don't torture yourself. Do you think that all these fans you have don't expect you to mess up sometimes? You did great tonight, it was one little mistake." You say softly. 

He hiccups, and then lets out a little cry. "B-but what if it keeps happening?" He asks. 

"Then you can take that song off the setlist, replace it with one you're more comfortable with!" You say frowning. "You always have options bub. You're an amazing singer, absolutely amazing." You say softly, a small smile on your face. 

He sniffles, and nods, even though you couldn't see him. "Y-Yeah thank you, thanks a lot sis." He says and nods softly. 

You smile. "Facetime me, I gotta tell you about everything you've missed so far." You giggle as he facetimes you, you answer the call and start to tell him about university and things that have happened.