Failed Test (BSM #2)

(Age 13)

Unlike your dad, grades were extremely important to you, and although your dad was very laid back about school, and extremely understanding with bad grades, and struggling in classes, you were always scared that one day he would get mad and yell at you.

The teacher, Ms.Mayfield, laid the math test on your desk, you nervously glance at it and see a 68% on the top, circled in black pen.

You sigh. That was a D almost a C but your math grade would definitely suffer from it.

"Alright, so some of you obviously didn't do too well, so we're going to do test corrections. Tonight for homework and I'll take the higher grade." She says, passing out the corrections sheet.

You sigh in relief, at least their was a chance you could fix this.

You walk home, taking your time scared to tell your dad about the test.

"Hi daddy." You say your voice soft, the test in your hand, hanging your back pack up on the hook.

"Hey Princess, how was school?" He ask, setting his bass on the stand and pulling you into his lap.

You instantly lean into him, curling up and resting your head on his chest.

"I failed a math test." You whisper, holding your breath, waiting for the yelling.

It never came. He sighs. "Alright, well I know that's a hard subject for you, but as long as you bring it up to a high C by the end of the quarter you won't get in trouble, yeah?" He asks, his voice gentle and sweet. His hands rubbed your back, you nod.

"I will daddy, promise." You whisper.

Calum never minded if you failed a class but he knew it was important to you, so he set rules for you, mainly because you asked him to.

"I know you will princess, you always make me so proud." He whispers, kissing your head. "How about we take a nap, hm?" He asks, picking you up and carrying you to his room.