As soon as a pair of brown eyes looked on him, Draco frowned; even though thick eyelashes were being batted at him with innocence. "Well," his tone was stern, "do you have something to say, Demetria?"

Contemplating it for a second, Demi settled on sending her father a clueless grin.

 "Draco!" Footsteps were heard coming towards the master bedroom. "Dra — oh, there you two are."

 Lifting his hands up in a what-the-bloody-Merlin manner, Blaise glared at Hermione. "What the hell am I?"

"Easily ignored," offered Hermione nonchalantly, making her way to her husband and child. Blaise gasped dramatically. "Breakfast is ready, Malfoy. So stop wasting your time doing nothing and go eat before you go to the Ministry."

Placing their daughter  in Hermione's outstretched arms, Draco said, "Get those socks off of Demi's feet, Hermione, or she'll end up giving you a heart attack while I am at the Ministry." He then rubbed his temples again, the headache already present. "And, please, find a way to make our home Apparation-Proof."

 "What's got his knickers in a twist?"

"I've made your favorite, Draco," Hermione replied calmly, smiling at him as Blaise shouted 'Stop ignoring me!'. "Tea and Pumpkin Juice on the side of the plate and the Daily Prophet ready to be read."

Feeling like some of that pressure was off of his chest, Draco exhaled after a few moments. "Thank you."

Smiling a little wider because of the gratitude in his voice, Hermione raised herself on her toes to press a kiss on her husband's cheek. She knew something was going on in his head recently because he had  been quiet lately, only randomly taking off by Floo to Harry's house when he found the need to speak. (She was ready to curse him so he'd fess up what it was, but she knew she'd find out soon enough.) "Now, off you go. Hurry. I don't want you to be running late. And, oh, here," before Draco could head for the door, Hermione tossed him a pair of freshly washed trousers.

"You're like a maid, 'Mione, you know that?" Blaise chirped, watching with the same suspicion as his best friend walked out looking a little too pensive for his liking. "Cooking for him, washing his clothes, cleaning his dishes, sexing his needs—"

Wham.

"Oi!" Zabini hissed, clutching his face as Hermione retracted her palm away from his right cheek; he gaped incredulously as she balanced the giggling two year-old on her hip and marched out of the room. "I thought you said I was easily ignored!"

 X

 "No, Beta!" With a hysterical squeak, Narcissa Malfoy shot daggers at the figure approaching the grand window in the ancient sitting room of Malfoy Manor. "Away from the windows!"  

Trying her hardest not to raise her thin eyebrow, because she could not even if she wanted, Beta the house-elf nodded her head obediently. "As you wish, Mistress," trailing off for a slight second, the house-elf cleared her throat and spoke again. "But Beta would like to...inform... that the windows have been getting dusty, Mistress. Beta hasn't been able to clean them for the past two weeks."

"Forget about the windows, Beta," muttered Mrs. Malfoy with trembling palms over her lap. She visibly relaxed after Beta steered away from her original direction. "A little dust is the least of my concerns at the moment. Why don't you go clean the rooms upstairs? My grandson left a disastrous mess in his bedroom last time he came to visit. I'm sure the higher levels of the Manor could use some cleaning."

Beta twirled her long, bony fingers with one another as she looked down at her hands. She did not dare look at her mistress as she was about to go against house-elf codes and contradict her. "But Beta has cleaned Master Scorpius' room three times this week, Mistress."