Something Wicked in the Ruins

"Sa... Sa...."

Sans had turned over to his small child, who was sleeping comfortably.

She was sleeping comfortably, in her little star pajamas. Clutching tightly to the heart locket her father gave her when she was 5 months. Whispering his name making sure the words never escaped her mind. She only did this when she was concerned or worried that something would happen. Sans didn't need their soul link to know that.

Gently waking his cozy little cub, he slowly put her into his arms and cradling her safe and sound.

Opening her big blues eyes slightly to see Sans looking right back at her.

"Morning baby bones. You must have been dead tired, if I woke up first." he said.

Sans put her over his shoulders and nuzzled her head. 

The duo started making their way over to what seemed like Toriel's room. 

Not wanting to be demanding or rude, Sans lightly knocked on the door. 

"Toriel? Oh I'm sorry! I was wondering if you were up or not, so I could say thanks for everything before I leave."

He heard footsteps coming towards the door, making it's way to him and frisk.

The door opened slowly, to find Toriel in her long robe drying off and smelling like french vanilla coffee. 

Both blushing, the two both tried quickly to find the appropriate words to use for what they just seen.

"I'm so sorry Sans, I should get dressed I didn't want you both to see me like this. I'll be out in a minute. Breakfast is on the stove."she said before gently shutting the door.

Sans wanted to say something but felt to embarrassed and guilty to do anything or say anything about what just happened. Just the thought of it made him blush very much.

Shaking the thought away, he started walking towards the kitchen. Which surrounded them with smells and promises of a good meal. Sans had missed this type of cooking, it was filled with everything a breakfast should.

Not that Papyrus was a bad cook or anything, but spaghetti felt like hell compared to the heavenly made food. Silently apologizing to Papyrus for betraying his cooking, Sans started to make himself a plate. Grabbing little bits of everything and some chopped up fruits for Frisk.

He finally sat down, with Frisk in his lap smiling at the wonderful array of food. She went over to pick up something from San's plate. Instead of using her hands she used magic and picked up a tiny strawberry. Sans a little worried at first, helped get the strawberry into her mouth.

After a final successful attempt, he started to dig into his own food. Savoring every second of it. He knew that food like this was not going to come often. However, he did hope someday in the future that it would come with a welcome loving smile.

"Good morning little one! Good morning Sans!" welcomed a very happy goat.

Turning back into a bashful blueberry Sans stammered, "H-Hey Tori."

Smiling, she went over to give the skeleton a kiss on the skull. Making the skeleton almost as blue as his hoodie. 

"T-thanks."

He started to chow down on the food to avoid speaking any longer. Saying anything else would just make him look like a fool in front of Tori and Frisk.

He went to check on Frisk, who was munching away on more strawberries. Some had skewered itself onto her bony hand. Making a mess all over herself. She giggled as she tried to put some on her face.