The Start

It's dark... the skeleton..he can't see anything but can't shake the feeling of hopefulness.

He feels around in the darkness, it's a long panel of wood, several panels, with a few steps to the right there would be a door. If his suspicions were also right there would be a circle of pine on the door where they used to call home.

So many memories made, so many things lost, and too many words left unsaid.

He wonders...

If she knew what she really did, would she stop feeling the way she does now?

An echo interrupts your thoughts.

"Brother..."

The darkness is fading, there is only light coming from a big window.

His feet were covered and slightly crushed by a smaller body at the end of the bed. If he didn't address the situation soon, he'd surely be dusted.

"Brother...Brother, you promised me you would tell!" a sweet, yet demanding voice yelled.

He groaned, "Not right now baby sis..." he replied starting to open his eye sockets.

Even though his vision was blurry, he could tell who the brown haired and the darkly skinned girl was. His nagging 9-year-old sister.

"Don't call me that!" She whined, whilst reaching her phalanges towards his blankets. Pulling them with a great force. Causing the elder to shift his arms to his knees in retreat.

"Aw...." He said sighing, "I guess then you won't want to hear that story. The real legitimate deal."

The child tilted her head, "Le..le..."

"It means the truth and nothing but the truth Sis." He replied, remembering not to use such long words around her.

"It better be the truth! Last year you told me the 'truth' and you made the entire story sound wacky!" She said with a pout.

Yet here she was back once again, for another story about the underground. He would tell her year after year about all the times shared together beneath the surface, what fun they had, friends they made, and people she's saved.

He would always tell her the same thing with newer and crappier jokes. Three years ago in one story version, he switched his role from being her cool big bro to an overprotective dad, one year after that he said something new totally unrelated, but this year she knew it would be different.

It wasn't until his dear sibling discovered the internet and government records online, that she really started asking questions. The brother had that meddlesome boy with the green stripes to thank for.

Rubbing his bony skin and scratching his ribs, "I promised okay! Would I ever lie to you, my dear beloved oompa loompa?"

"Yes!", She said annoyed, "Several times in the form of a story!"

Sans chuckled and soon then the elder brother began to tell the story all over again.

"Wait wait!" The little girl paused.

She leaped off the huge bed and out of the room. Bringing back a big pink cover and then some tea she draped herself and her brother as she sat in his lap waiting patiently.

"You're adorable." He complimented.

"I get it from bigger brother!" She giggled. "But get on with the story already!"

With a nod, the brother placed her soft head on his stomach, (where his chest was stuffed with a pillow inside in case, his sister wanted to sleep there.) he cleared his neck area and started...