Chapter Four: Brothers and Fiances

It was early dawn. The sun shown brightly through the cracks of Arthur's mint green curtains. The Brit groaned softly and his eyes fluttered open, revealing his beautiful green eyes. He sat up and stretched his back, hearing a pop before standing up. He had on a worn out white t-shirt with a few stains on it, short camo shorts, and white socks that were untidy. He looked in the mirror and combed his hair with his petite fingers before walking over to his bed room door. His room had chestnut colored wooden floors, a queen sized bed with a dark green bed spread, walls were an emerald green that faded from time, a closet next to his window, a desk along the wall opposite of the bed, and the mirror hanging on the door. He exited the room and trudged his way down the hall to the bathroom. He grabbed his green toothbrush and put the spearmint toothpaste onto the bristles before putting it to his teeth. He swished the paste through his mouth before spitting it out and into the sink, rinsing off his brush and wiping his mouth. He stretched his back again and looked out the door to see Peter walking to the bathroom. "Good morning, love." He greeted the child.

Peter looked up at him and grinned. "Morning mum!" He chirped as he got the step-stool so he could brush his teeth.

Arthur smiled at him and rested his chin on the smaller blonde's head. Peter didn't say anything and just continued brushing his teeth. "So Peter, what do you want to do today?" He asked, grabbing the brush and gently brushing his hair.

The aquamarine eyed boy smiled up at him. "I want to go play with Sakura!" He chirped. Sakura was Kiku and Heracles's daughter. She was a year younger than Peter. They got along fine, but sometime's Peter can be a bit too rough.

"Okay, I'll ask. I need to go shopping anyways." Arthur told him.

"Can I help?" An American voice asked, appearing in the hallway. He had a grin on his face and looked like he had been up for hours.

Arthur puffed out his cheeks in a pout, slightly embarrassed that Alfred was seeing him in his pajamas. "Ugh. Why not. I'll just force you to carry everything." He said with a smirk.

Alfred laughed slightly. "Heheh. Alright then. Hurry up and get dressed! I want to take you to a new cafe that is awesome!!! My buddy Gilbert and his fiance, also my bro, Matthew run it! Its called Beer Flavoured Pancakes!" He cheered.

"Are there actually beer flavoured pancakes?"

"No. Play on words."

"I see. Very well then." Arthur said and walked past Alfred. 

Peter looked at Alfred and whispered. "Operation: Get mum to love you is under way!" He grinned.

Alfred chuckled and ruffled Peter's hair. "Yep!"

*****

"Arthuuuurrr!!" Alfred whined. He was standing outside of Arthur's bedroom door, Arthur was getting changed.

"Shut it you git! I'm almost ready!" The Brit hissed.

Alfred pouted. "Whaddaya doing? Combing them huge eyebrows." He asked.

Arthur's eyebrow twitched and he slammed the door open, hitting Alfred in the face. "No." He retorted.

Alfred blushed. Arthur looked reaally cute. Arthur had on white tweed pants, a pale baby blue button up, and a navy blue sweater vest. He grinned. "Well, lets go eyebrows!" He chirped, grabbing Arthur's arm, and pulling him out the door.

*****

Arthur and Alfred were outside of the cafe... er coffee shop.. er diner? They honestly didn't know what to call it. "Ah! Arthur! How nice it is to see you!" A soft voice greeted happily.

Arthur turned and saw a blonde about his height, maybe a little taller, with violet eyes, glasses, a big poofy sweater, and a curl. He recognized him as America's younger brother Matthew. "Oh, hello Matthew. How are you?" He asked with a smile.

Matthew grinned. "I'm fantastic! I'm getting married in May! You should come!" He said with a smile on his face.

"Really? Who's the lucky guy?" Arthur asked with a kind smile.

"KEsesesesE! That vould be zhe awesome me!" A man with a heavy German (I know. I know. He's Prussian. But sadly Prussia doesn't exist anymore) accent. "I'm Gilbert!" He greeted, slinging an arm around Matthew's waist.

Arthur smiled. "Nice to meet you Gilbert, my name is Arthur. Pleasure." He greeted, holding out his hand.

Gilbert's strong hand took Arthur in his and shook it. "Nice to meet jou. Birdie told me a lot about jou two in college." He said with a grin.

Arthur smiled. "Haha, yeah. That was years ago." He said.

Matthew smiled softly and looked at Alfred whom was looking like he wanted to say something. "Are you alright, Alfred?" He asked.

Alfred looked at him and nodded. "Yeah! I just need to speak with you in private later." He replied with a grin.

The violet eyed male nodded. "Okay then. Well, shall we head inside for something to drink?" He asked with a smile.

Everyone nodded and walked inside.