17| tragic truth

17| tragic truth

(a/n beware... there are major shallison feels in this chapter! be prepared 😊)

"Allie, please open up your door!" My mom says softly, "trust me, we didn't want to have to do this to you! But we thought its what's best for the family."

I give in and open up the door. "And how am I supposed to tell Shawn?" I ask, tears streaming down my face, "How is he going to feel that I'm suddenly not going a week before he leaves?"

"Honey I'm sure he'll understand,"

"Oh, I know he'll understand. That's the kind of person he is. But I won't see him until Easter, Mom! That's 3 months. Three whole months without seeing him might just about lose my mind!"

"Awe honey, I'm sure it'll go buy fast," she says sympathetically, pulling me into a hug.

"Mom, I don't know what I'm going to do. My grandma is fighting cancer and might die," I almost choke on the word, "and he's not even going to be here to help me through it, and-" I start crying more and more.

"I think you need to get some sleep. I know it's early, but I knew you wouldn't take this news well. And you've had a rough week with exams, too." she comforts me, "Are you hungry? You didn't eat much for dinner,"

"No, thanks, I'll just go to bed," I smile though it hurts.

"Goodnight sweetie,"

"Goodnight mom," I say, and she starts to walk back downstairs. "And Mom?" she looks back. "Thank you."

-

No matter how much I try, I can't sleep a wink. I keep crying and I keep thinking about how I will possibly break this news to Shawn. I keep running through all the possibilities in my head.

At some point I must've fallen asleep, because I wake up to loud singing coming from downstairs. It sounds like Maddy. Why does Maddy have to sing out loud all the time? I shove my pillow over my ears to try and block it out, but it doesn't work.

I decide to take my phone off my nightstand and text her.

To: Maddy

would you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep! 😭

From: Maddy

First of all, it's 11am, why are you still sleeping? Second, what are you talking about? I'm at the mall... 😂

To: Maddy

Oh, oops, sorry Madds. Someone's singing downstairs and I'm tired so I thought it was you? Ugh I guess I'll have to go down 🙄

From: Maddy

Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you from here 😂

To: Maddy

It's okay, have fun at the mall ❤️

From: Maddy

Thanks!

I'm already pretty much awake now, although I'm still really tired, so I go downstairs to tell whoever it is to shut up so I can sleep.

Once I get down there I rub my eyes and say, "Can you pleeeeeease be quiet? I'm trying to-" then I see Shawn standing in the kitchen making pancakes. "Shawn? Hi babe, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, baby girl, did I wake you?" He says, walking over.

"Yes! I thought it was Maddy so I texted her to shut up!" I laugh.