8| best friends

8| best friends

Allie POV
Why would Evie not want to talk to me? We're best friends, and if she's mad at me, she knows that we need to talk it out. I decide to sleep on it, and go to her house in the morning. Besides, the day after tomorrow is christmas eve, and we can't be mad at each other.

I say goodnight to my parents and Maddy, and then turn out my lights and lay down my head. As soon as my head hits the pillow I drift off.

*

I wake up to birds chirping outside my window. It is 9:23 am. I was never the early bird of the family, in fact, I was always the last one out of bed on the days we got to sleep in.

I get up and put on my black leggings and my favourite hoodie. I quickly curl my eyelashes and swipe on somie mascara. Ah my hair, my constant struggle every single morning. I decide to be lazy today and throw it into a messy bun.

I walk downstairs and pop a waffle into the toaster as a quick breakfast. Once it pops, I put on my coat and mittens. I yell to my parents to tell them that I'm walking to Evelyn's house, and finally walk out the door. Evie's house is only a few blocks away, so it won't doesn't take long to get there.

Once I arrive, I nervously knock on the door. I hear footsteps coming towards the door, and I am greeted by Evie's older sister, Mikayla.

"Hi Allie! How are you?" Mikayla asks.

"Hi Mikayla, I'm looking for Evie. Is she here?" I ask hesitantly.

"Evelyn! Allie is here!" Mikayla yells.

"Tell her to go away!" She yells back. I get a look from Mikayla that says 'do you know what this is about?' I roll my eyes and shrug.

"She heard that." Mikayla yells back.

"I don't care! I don't want to talk to her."

"Fine." Mikayla says to Evie, then to me, she asks "I'm sorry. Do you want to come talk about it?"

"Sure." I reply. Maybe she'll hear us talking and come downstairs.

She ushers me inside and we go sit in the living room.

"So do you have any idea why?" She asks, "You guys are best friends. It would take a lot to get her to act like this."

"I don't know why she's like this. All I know is that I tried to call her last night and her voice mail said that she didn't want to talk to me. And now this. I don't understand."

"You don't understand what?" A voice that sounds like Evie's asks harshly. I turn around, and sure enough, Evie is not too far behind me, leaning against the wall.

"I don't understand why you're acting like this." I blurt out.

"Oh you understand perfectly what this is about." She says angrily. "Where have you been the past few days? Well I wouldn't know because you haven't talked to me, but I think I can safely assume that you were-"

"Is that what this is about?" I ask, confused.

"I'm going to leave you guys alone to talk about this," Mikayla walks away awkwardly. I mouth a 'thank you' as she walks out of the room.

"Anyways, I didn't mean for this to get like this. I have been crazy busy the past few days with christmas shopping, and Shawn, and-"

"That's exactly it. Shawn. The one who asked you out a couple of days ago and I never even heard about it. Shawn, who's probably your boyfriend now, but you haven't even talked to me in three days." She says, sounding hurt.

falling for you (s.m.)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara