6| perfect

6| perfect

Shawn POV
"So, do you want to go somewhere? Maybe for a walk through the forest? I hear it's beautiful at this time of year."

"I would love that." She smiles at me. I smile back.

"Come on, let's get dressed for the weather, it's sort of chilly out there." I grab her hand and pull her up to her feet. We walk to the front door and put on our coats and boots.

"Would you like to borrow a hat and some mittens?" I ask.

"Yes please. I don't want to get frostbite!" She giggles.

"That wouldn't be good." I laugh. I hand her one of Aaliyah's hats and a pair of mittens. "These are my sister, Aaliyah's. She won't mind."

"Thanks babe," She jokes, and with that, we walk out the door.

I have decided to put together a few surprises for her today. It's the Christmas holidays, so I think I can safely assume that she has nothing planned today, but as we are walking to the forest, I ask her, just to make sure.

"So what are your plans for the rest of today?" I ask discreetly.

"Nothing, actually." She says, "How about you?"

"Hanging out with you," I say.

"Oh, really? And you didn't care to tell me that?" She jokes.

"I just did. I have a whole day planned out for us."

"You're so romantic," She laughs, "So what are we going to do all day?"

"It's a surprise! It would be no fun if I told you!" I joke.

"Wow! Look at how beautiful this is!" She says as we walk through the forest. The trees and the ground are covered in snow, everything has a layer of sparkly white on top of it. She is right, it is beautiful.

"Smile!" She shouts as she pulls out her phone. We smile, and she shows me our picture. She posts it on Instagram with the caption "And this is why I love Canada! Xoxo @shawnmendes <3"

"I love it!" I say, "So, next activity?" I wiggle my eyebrows and she laughs at me.

"Stop it!" She jokes.

"You're cute. Let's go, baby girl," I say as I grab her hand, and we walk towards my car. We get in, and head towards our next destination.

"Where to next?" she asks curiously.

"I can't tell you, or it wouldn't be very much of a surprise, would it?" I joke.
"I guess not. Damn." She giggles.

We pull into Tim Hortons and I get out of the car. I walk around to the passenger side and open the door for Allie, like I usually do.

"Here you are, my princess." I say.

"You know I am perfectly capable of opening the door by myself," she giggles.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't be able to help you."

"Oh, Shawn, you're such a gentleman," she smiles.

"I know."

"Modest too,"

"Yeah pretty much." I laugh.

We walk inside, and stand in line.
"So we are going to eat lunch here, this is basically just a pit stop before the next thing on our list." I explain.

We finally get up to cash and order our food. She tries to take out her wallet to pitch in some money, but I swat it away.

"No, I'm paying." I say.

"Wow, okay, Mr. Feisty pants," She laughs.

We get our food and sit down at a table. She chooses a table right by the window.

"The snow is so beautiful," I say.

"Yes, it is," she says, "but it's just so cold and annoying."

"Annoying how?" I laugh.

"Well, it's cold and you have to put on so many layers, and it takes so much time."

"But that's the fun of it. Snuggling by the fire to keep warm. And bundling up and cuddling."

"I guess, but it's still annoying."

"You're funny."

"No you're funny." She giggles.

"But you're the one giggling!!!"

She just giggles more until it hurts too much that she grabs her side. I laugh.

"Too much for you?" I laugh.

And she just keeps giggling. "Shawn... Stop..."

And that is basically how it goes until we finish up our meals.

"So what's next in the list?" She asks as we are driving away.

"Well, you like Christmas, right?"

"Yes of course... who doesn't?"

"And you like decorating, right?"

"Yes..."

"Well, we are going to decorate my house!!! I figured it would be fun, and nobody in my house has gotten around to it yet."

"That sounds like fun!"

"Yay! I was scared you would think it was lame." I frown.

"If it's with you, it would never be lame."

"You're the sweetest person I've ever met," I say, and she blushes. "And I love it when you blush."

"Oh, stop it." She says jokingly.

And I just keep embarrassing her like that until we get to my house. We walk in the door, and the boxes of decorations are sitting out on the living room floor, just like I had left them earlier. We take off our coats and walk inside.

"Go nuts." I laugh.

We spent hours decorating the Christmas tree, putting tinsel around the pillars, and goofing around, too. I made her a tinsel halo, and she stuck a red pom-pom to my nose so that I would look like Rudolph. There were tons of giggles, and we had a ton of fun. After hours of hard work (well, not ALL hard work,) we are finally finished decorating, and it looks amazing.

"Wow, it looks really good," Allie smiles.

"Yeah it does," I say. The christmas lights are around the fireplace, lighting up the room. The christmas tree is decorated with gold tinsel, and some red ornaments. A star was on the tip of the tree, to top off the look. Allie comes over to me and wraps her arms around me. I look down at her, and she looks up at me. I pull her closer, and press my lips on hers. It is a soft, but sweet kiss. She told me she wants to take it slow, and I want to respect that. I pull away.

"Do you wanna watch Netflix and chill?" I ask her.

She glares at me nervously.

"No no no, not like that!!!" I laugh. "That is not what I meant."

"Okay good. I got nervous there." She smiles.

"So what do you want to watch?" I ask.

"Hmm..." she stammers, "How about The Princess Bride?"

"Great choice," I add, as I go over to my laptop to search for it on Netflix.

We start the movie, and we are sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch, her head resting on my chest, my hands entwined with hers. This is perfect. And it lasts for all of one minute, when I hear someone walk through the front door.

"Shawn? It's Aaliyah and mom, we're home!"

Way to ruin this perfect moment, Aaliyah.

(a/n how did you like this chapter? It has taken a long time for me to write and update, sorry. I'm on vacation so I haven't been writing.

Comment

Vote

Share?

Thanks guys!!!)