11| cousins

11| cousins

Allie POV

I walk inside my house, trying not to draw attention to myself, as I discretely run upstairs to clean myself up. I drop my present from Shawn into my room, and when I look in my bathroom mirror, my eyes are red from the crying, and my left cheek is badly bruised from when Justine slapped me.

I wash my face, taking the red away, being careful not to press on my bruise too hard. It is very sore. I then put on some mascara, and cover my face with foundation, trying to hide the bruise as much as possible. It works. Barely noticeable. I compose myself, and head downstairs.

When I get downstairs, I walk into the main room, and I am bombarded with 'hello's and 'how are you's, and I reply to them all with the same lie, which is "I am doing great, how are you?".

But I am definitely not doing 'great'. I am a mess, and I am broken. Shawn has helped to fix me, and I am sure he will keep doing so until I am complete again.

I go over to my mom, to say hi. She is talking to my Aunt Chrissy. (her real name is Christina but we all call her Aunt Chrissy.)

"Hi sweetie, how are you?" she asks. "How's Shawn?"

"He's great. He spoiled me."I blush.

"Who's this we're talking about?" Aunt Chrissy says, raising her eyebrows and putting her hands on her hips, "Allie, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, she does." my mom replies. "And its not just any boyfriend. It's Shawn Mendes."

"Like THE Shawn Mendes?"

"Yes" I blush.

"So he spoiled you? What did he get you?" Aunt Chrissy wonders.

"Well, apparently my mom has known for awhile now," I glare over at her and she just smiles, "but he is taking me on tour with him!!!" I exclaim.

"Wow, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you, Allie. You must be ecstatic."

"I am. He also got me a giant teddy bear that smells like his cologne, the new Chanel perfume, and a silver necklace. I actually have it on right now." I say, pointing to the necklace that still rests on my neck.

"Wow," my mom says. He didn't tell me about this other stuff. I thought the tour was it for you!"

"Nope, I guess not!"

"Your cousins are going to be very happy when they find out that you're dating Shawn Mendes." My aunt adds.

"I bet. I should go see them now. It was nice chatting with you!" I say, giving Aunt Chrissy a hug.

My Aunt Chrissy is my mom's only sister. She has two kids, Ellie, who's 7, and Patrick, who's 9. They live in British Coloumbia with her husband, my Uncle Joe, so we don't see them very often. Mostly just at Christmas.

Then there's my Uncle Adam, my dad's brother. He lives here in Toronto with his wife, my Aunt Janice. They have 3 children, the baby, Mika, she's almost 1, Lily who's 5, and Aidan, who's 8.

And the last family is my dad's sister, Aunt Audrey. Her husband is my Uncle Bryce. They also live here in Toronto. They have two children, Mya is 13, one year younger than my sister, and Kiera is in my grade, but she has a late birthday, so she is almost a year younger than me.

So I am the oldest kid in the whole family.

I go downstairs to find the kids, and sure enough, the boys are playing video games, just like I thought. Maddy and Mya are playing Barbies with the rest of the girls. I laugh at this. I go over to where the girls are playing.