13|social media

13| social media

I grab my computer from where it is sitting on my desk, and hand it to Shawn, who is now sitting on my bed.

He plays with it for awhile, and when he is finally done, he hands it back to me. "Here you go, baby girl" He kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank you." I smile, and peck him on the lips. But he grabs the back of my head and kisses me more. But, unfortunately, they are cut off when my mom calls up to us.

"Shawn, Allie! I made food!"

Shawn sees me perk up. "Did I just hear food?" I smile widely.

"I think you did." He smiles back. "You're so cute"

"No you are." I smile and poke him in the stomach.

"Oh! What was that for?" He laughs, clutching his stomach.

He pokes me back playfully. We get into a full-on poking war.

"If you want food, we should probably go down before everyone eats it all." Shawn laughs.

"Probably." I smile.

We get up off of where we were sitting on my bed, and start walking downstairs.

He grabs my hand and laces our fingers together. At his touch, I can feel shivers run through my body. I try to hide the blush forming on my cheeks.

Once we get downstairs, we find a small bowl of goldfish crackers and a box of oreos.

My eyes widen. "Yes, those are for you." My mom says, shaking her head.

Shawn and I grab the snacks off of the counter and we head back upstairs.

"So, where were we?" He asks.

"Oh I remember." I say, pulling him closer. We kiss for awhile, and then we pull away.

Looking over at my laptop, he smiles. "So I know you have instagram, but do you have any other social media?"

"Um, no. And I don't even go on Instagram that often." I blush.

"Well I'm gonna change that."

"Um, Shawn, I don't think this is a good idea. My parents are very overprotective and they don't even know-"

"Ssh, they'll never have to know." He smiles, "Plus, you're 16. Shouldn't you be making your own decisions?"

"Um, yeah I guess." I blush, obviously won over.

"Let's start with Twitter." he says.

"O-okay." I say, as he grabs my computer and starts typing away, asking me questions as we go.

-

About an hour has passed, and I now have YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and this app called musical.ly (on my phone). I have no idea what this is, to be honest it sounds kinda wierd, but if Shawn has it, then it must be somewhat good.

All of my usernames are the same, and we also changed my instagram, it is @allie.zimm

Shawn came up with this name, because my full name is Allison Zimmerman.

I decide to check out musical.ly first, because I am the most skeptical about that one. I open the app on my phone.

"So what even is this?" I ask, a disgusted look on my face.

"Trust me, you'll love it. Aaliyah got me addicted to it." He chuckles, "You make music videos lip syncing to a song and post them for your friends to see."