Chapter 7 Train Ride to School

Start from the beginning

 Harry nodded as I just shook my head at Ron's tactfullness.

 “Oh — well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George’s jokes,” said Ron. “And have you really got — you know…” He pointed at Harry’s forehead. It seemed like the coversation would be all about Harry so I decided to play with Sherlock, who had been ignored by all.

 Harry pulled back his bangs to show the lightning scar. Ron stared. "Close your mouth Ron, before you catch a fly." I popped it back shut and waited for him to interrogate Harry more.

“So that’s where You-Know-Who —?” 

 “Yes,” said Harry, “but I can’t remember it.” 

 “Nothing?” said Ron eagerly. 

 “Well — I remember a lot of green light, but nothing else.” 

 “Wow,” said Ron. He sat and stared at Harry for a few moments, then, as though he had suddenly realized what he was doing, he looked quickly out of the window again. 

 “Are all your family wizards?” asked Harry almost as enthusiastic as Ron. “Er — Yes, I think so,” said Ron. “I think Mom’s got a second cousin who’s an accountant, but we never talk about him.” 

I got really uninterested so i snuggled with Sherlock and curled up on the seat. I heard something about 5 brothers before I dozed off.

I jerked awake when the compartment door slid open with a bang. There was some bushy haired girl in her robes who so kindly slammed open the door and a bit sloppy boy with a round face. "Well thanks for that. I was having such a nice sleep too." I moaned snuggling farther into Sherlock's fur.

“Has anyone seen a toad? Neville’s lost one,” she said ignoring me like the hobo she was. She had a bossy sort of voice and now that I saw them really large front teeth.

“We’ve already told him we haven’t seen it,” said Ron, but the girl wasn’t listening, she was looking at his wand ,which I now noticed, in his hand. 

 “Oh, are you doing magic? Let’s see it, then.” 

 She sat down and Ron looked taken aback. “Er — all right.” He cleared his throat. “Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow.” He waved his wand, but nothing happened. the fat rat stayed grey and fast asleep.

"Good tr-"

“Are you sure that’s a real spell?” said the girl. “Well, it’s not very good, is it? I’ve tried a few simple spells just for practice and it’s all worked for me. Nobody in my family’s magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it’s the very best school of witchcraft there is, I’ve heard — I’ve learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough — I’m Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?”  She interrupted me and she spoke like a chipmunk on a sugar-high.

 Harry looked at Ron, and was relieved to see by his stunned face that he hadn’t learned all the course books by heart either. They both looked at me hoping I hadn't either but hey I the awesomest.

"I too have memorized all the course books and more. In fact, I've been living in Hogwarts for a while now." I bragged just a little bit, but hey I like to be the very best, like no one ever was. "Oh and I'm Jessica Dekeyrel."

 “I’m Ron Weasley,” Ron muttered. 

  “Harry Potter,” said Harry.

“Are you really?” said Hermione. Once more she decided to ignore me completely. I may have pushed to many buttons. “I know all about you, of course — I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you’re in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century.”