59. Meet Melanie.

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Declan," she greeted me joyfully, "It has been a while since I last saw you. You came to beg Mama to end your suspension?"

Straightforward much.

"Kind of," I replied to her as I leaned on the counter, "It was completely useless though."

"I am not surprised. It isn't Mama's type to return back on her words," she told me, glancing briefly in Mama's direction before looking back at me. "You still have one week of suspension, right?" I nodded with a pout and she chuckled. "Cheer up, Declan! It will be over soon. You will be back in no time, my work buddy." She pushed me playfully on the shoulder, a bright smile still on her face. 

I was pretty sure that Gabriela did not like me when I first started working here but I guessed that she grew to appreciate my presence as time passed. I would even go as far as to say that she was kind of cool to be around at times. Of course, we were not the best buddies ever but we both knew the importance of each other at the cupcake shop and I guessed that it was what made us get along.

"What are you going to take? Well, if you are even here to buy something," she said with a laugh and I chuckled. I hummed as I thought of what I wanted. 

"Just give me five red velvet cupcakes," I told her, thinking that I was going to share some with Joshua, "As well as a vanilla milkshake."

She nodded and quickly entered everything in the cash register before giving me the amount. I took out my money and handed it to her. After she gave me back my change, she went to take my order and it didn't take long for her to be back with my cupcakes placed into a little bag in one hand and my milkshake in the other hand.

"Bye, bye, Declan," she waved me goodbye.

"Bye, Gabriela," I told her and I grabbed my food, turning around to go. Though, just as I took one step forward, the door of the cupcake shop opened and a little angel walked in. "Pierre," I breathed out in disbelief and his eyes immediately fell on me. He seemed to freeze in place when he saw me and to be honest, I was surprised to see him here. 

Wasn't he supposed to be grounded? 

I decided to go ask him what he was doing here when suddenly a girl appeared behind him and she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him on the cheek. I froze on the spot.  I watched them in pure disbelief as the girl moved her mouth to his ear to whisper something to him. She laughed then and he gave her an hesitant smile. 

Just who the fuck was that?!

Trying to keep my calm, I walked to them, a fake smile plastered on my face, as I felt the anger built itself inside of me. Pierre glanced in my direction and gave me one of those looks that said that he did not want me to approach him, but I acted like if I was not understanding anything and stopped right in front of him and the brunette girl. 

The brunette didn't take long to notice me and she looked at me from up and down.

"Hi, dude," she surprisingly greeted me first, her eyes meeting mine. "Who are you?" She looked at Pierre, not wanting for my reply. "Do you know him, sweetie?"

Sweetie?

"Declan," Pierre simply replied, "It's Declan and oh, hmm..." He seemed to be completely lost on what to say, he seemed to be panicking actually and to be honest, all I wanted to do at this very moment was to throw my milkshake at his fucking face. 

Seriously, what was wrong with him?! God please, he wasn't running away with another girl again, was he? Why the hell did he come here with that random brunette?! He was supposed to be at his house because he couldn't go out! He couldn't have lied to me, could he?