25: Stay Hidden|#4

TONY'S POV

11:07 am Thursday Morning

His Apartment

I don't know why Ziva came back and I don't know why she didn't call me. Leon couldn't process this, so now I'm here in my apartment alone. I was thinking about going to Ziva's old apartment to see if she was there. For some odd reason she never sold it, she wanted it. I never got why. I also didn't know where her key was, but was it normal for your ex to just walk in to your apartment with the key you gave him? Maybe I should try knocking.
1 HOUR AFTER THINKING

I hopped in the shower, getting ready to go to find Ziva. I found her key, in the petite drawer I have for her, but I was going to knock before entering. I was going to wear her favorite shirt of mine. Maybe it would cover for my breath. Even though ZIva wasn't much of a drinker she drank with me, sometimes getting drunk to when she had to stay over at my house. She was cute drunk, I liked her drunk. maybe if she would tell me what happened I could see her cute again. Before I left I took a sip of pepto, the whole "I'm going to see my ex girlfriend who kept secrets from me" makes me nervous.
ZIVAS POV
12:32 Thursday Afternoon
Ziva's Apartment
I was looking forward to staying in my old apartment, sleep in my second bed, and look at the stuff he left behind. The stuff I never gave back, the stuff I never wanted to give back. The shirt that smells like him, I wore it every night. By now I would need a new shirt with his scent. But I couldn't go to his apartment, I'm just hoping he comes to mine. I had to call Gibbs,  I didn't want Bayla to be there. I also didn't want Tony to know yet. I'm sure he already got off work because Leon probably thinks he's not okay, he may not be. but he also may be okay.
"Bayla?" I shouted for her. "Where are you?"
I heard her giggling, then I saw a her, hiding, under a blanket that I kept on my couch.
"where could she be?" I wondered.
I loved when little kids would do this but they would be in one of the most obvious spot.
"is she in the fridge?" I asked while I opened the fridge.
I heard another giggle.
"What was that?" I questioned. "it came from over here. From this blanket. Does this blanket laugh?"
She pulled the blanket off of her head.
"No it's just me!" She laughed.
"Bayla! I found you!" I smiled.
"Grandpa Gibbs is going to take you out to lunch. How does that sound?" I asked her.
"Are you coming?" She asked, with no more laughter.
"I'm not. I'm going to go shopping for food, clothes, and toys!" I exclaimed.
"For me?" She wondered with much excitement.
"For you!" I told her. "Let me call grandpa now."
I got up off the ground and went to get my phone. I felt bad for lying to her but I had to.
PHONE CALL WITH GIBBS:
"What's up Ziver? How's Bayla?" He answered the phone.
"Shes good, yeah she's good. But I need you to take her out to lunch. I'm worried that Tony is going to show up and I don't want her to be here when that happens. Can you do that for me?" I asked, hoping he would.
"That sounds great. But you have to prepare yourself, I don't know if DiNozzo will show." He informed me.
"Oh I know. Can you just come pick her up at 12:45?" I begged.
"I'll be there kid." he said then hung up.
I put my phone on the kitchen counter. I went to go get Bayla's bag with her diapers and some extra clothes.
"When is grandpa getting me?" Bayla questioned.
"He's going to get you in 15 minutes, then you two are going to get some lunch." I answered.
"Can I watch a show before he comes?" She asked.
"Yes you can, what show do you want to watch?" I asked.
"Doc McStuffins!" She yelled, while throwing her hands up in the air.
"Sit up on the couch while I turn it on!" I laughed.
I turned on the tv and went to Disney Jr. and thankfully it was on.
"I'm going to be in the other room while you watch this, okay?" I told her.
"Okay," She answered.
I walked into my bedroom. I started digging through drawers, for some reason I didn't recognize some of the stuff that was in them. I found a picture of Tony and me, it was printed recently. I flipped it over and looked on the back. It had " Gibbs 50th birthday party" written on it with Tony's handwriting. Then it all hit me. This was a picture taken on Tony's phone, the handwriting was his, and it was printed recently. I haven't been here forever. Tony still has my key, I totally forgot I gave it to him. What happens if he doesn't come while Bayla isn't here. What am I suppose to do, he may get the wrong idea. I also don't want him finding out my seeing her, I want to tell him myself. But I also don't want to talk to him, I feel bad enough for what I already did. I heard on a knock on the door and flipped out. I shoved everything back into the drawer and sent to the door. I looked out the small peep hole on my apartment door, thank lord it was Gibbs and not Tony. I opened the door in a panic.
"Gibbs thank god you're here," I said trying to catch my breath.
"Ziva what's the matter?" He asked worried.
"I need you to take Bayla for a little while. I forgot Tony has the key to my apartment and I don't want him to find out by seeing her and I also don't want him to get the wrong idea." I informed him quickly.
"breathe Ziver, I'll take her for as long as you need" Gibbs said.
"thank you," I said. He then hugged me, I started to cry, I couldn't handle hurting Tony more than I already did. I loved him.
"shhh you're okay, you're gonna be okay," Gibbs calmed me.
I let go of him and wiped my eyes
"I'm fine, really, I'm fine" I told him.
We had a second then I walked to my couch.
"Bayla, grandpa Gibbs is here. he's going to take you for awhile." I told her.
Once she heard my voice she snapped out of her tv coma.
"But I want to stay here, with you" she begged.
"I know you do, I know. come here" I told her.
She came over and we hugged, I started to tear up again. I let go of her, which worried me. Saying goodbye always made me feel alone and empty.
"I'll see you soon okay, now you're gonna go with grandpa Gibbs" I smiled at her.
We both stood up and I grabbed her hand, we started to walk to the door. I grabbed her bag which was near the small lamp table next to the couch.
"Here you go, baby and bag" I told Gibbs.
He grabbed the bag and I let go of Bayla's hand so he could grab it.
" I'll see you soon okay?" I asked her.
"Okay," Bayla said in her sweet baby voice.
"C'mon munchkin" Gibbs said.
I smiled and shut the door.
-------------------
IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGES. first my pap then state testing then school ended and then I went on a 10 day vacation with shitty wifi.