14: Ziva!

ZIVA'S POV

I got back in my car and started to drive back home. My eyes weren't red anymore. I walked inside the front door to find Tony asleep on the couch. I put the groceries on the kitchen table and went back into the living room. I put my hand on his face and he shook. He breathed deeply through his nose.

"Oh hey," Tony said with his eyes half open half shut.

" Hey. I just got home and was about to make dinner." I replied.

"How did it go?" Tony asked.

"It could have gone better." I answered.

"Did you get the answers you wanted?" Tony questioned sitting up.

"Um yeah. I guess." I replied.

"Are you okay Zi?" Tony wondered.

" I'm fine." I replied.

I walked back into the kitchen and started to make dinner. I seasoned the chicken and started chopping the salad. I actually didn't know if I was fine. There was nothing Tony could do anyway. He couldn't make me talk to Tali either. 

TONY'S POV

Something was definitley wrong with Ziva. She seemed like her whole life just changed in the matter of seconds. It did. I didn't want to ask what happened to Tali but I wanted to know. I got up off of the couch and went into the kitchen. Ziva was making something...... healthy. I knew she ran all of the time and ate healthy when we didn't order take out at NCIS. I didn't eat healthy. Well I did. I just didn't cook it. I had to get my mind off my diet at this point. The point was Ziva, not me. Ziva was fine. She was always fine. If anyone asked her if she was okay or how she was doing her answer would be fine.

"Ziva?" I asked.

"Yes Tony?" She said in her everyday "yes tony" voice.

"What are you makin'" I hestitated.

I wanted to ask if she was okay again but I didn't. I didn't know what to do.
"Is everything alright Tony?" Ziva asked.
"Do you want me to be honest?" I answered.
"No. I want you to be lie to me." Ziva lied sarcastically.
"Okay then. What happened today with Adam?" I questioned.
She let out a sigh.
"Nothing much. He just said he wouldn't be back for awhile." She replied.
" Anything else?" I wondered.
"No." Ziva snapped.
I couldn't even respond. I wanted to trust her but I felt like she was lying to me.
"Dinner will be ready soon" Ziva added.
"Okay" I said walking into our bedroom.
I logged onto my computer to find an email from Abby.
ABBY'S EMAL:
Tony! We have missed you and Ziva so much. We now have a new team member. Her name is Ellie Bishop. She's nice but I like Ziva better. Will you ever come back? Gibbs isn't letting Leon replace you guys.
- Abby
To be honest, I didn't know if we were coming back. I don't know if Ziva wanted to come back. I wasn't going to leave without Ziva.
"Tony? Dinner is ready," Ziva shouted to me.
"Coming!" I yelled back.
I walked out of our bedroom into the kitchen. Ziva had the table all set and everything. I sat down sitting a crossed from her.
"I was going to go on a hike tomorrow morning, want to come?" Ziva asked.
"I'm good." I replied.
Her chicken was fantastic. I want a fan of the salad but whatever.
"I made dessert too" Ziva added.
"What'd you make?" I asked.
"Your favorite." Ziva smiled.
"I thought I smelled chocolate" I replied.
Ziva's double chocolate brownies with ice cream was the best. It was my favorite too.
"Can I ask you something?" I questioned Ziva.
"Sure." She answered.
"Do you ever want to go home?" I asked.
"I don't know. This is my home. But this isn't your home." She answered.
She bit her lip almost like she was hiding something.
"You want to go home, don't you?" She asked.
"No. If I did it wouldn't be without you." I replied.
"Why did you even come here with me?" She asked.
"I couldn't live without you, I guess."  I replied.
"You said the same thing when we were in Somalia!" Her voice raised a little.
"The answer hasn't changed David!" I answered.
ZIVA'S POV
I could feel my eyes get watery. I looked away from Tony and breathed in. I didn't know what to say. I slightly rubbed my nose, I then looked back at Tony.
"Hey," Tony said putting his hand over top of mine.
"I want to go back, but I can't. Not until all of this is behind me." I replied.
"I can help you get through this. This is another reason why I am here." Tony remarked.
I smiled at him.
END OF DINNER
We were sitting on the couch together watching the bachelor. I knew he hated it. I made him watch it anyway though. I soon fell asleep on his shoulder. It felt like real sleep. I wasn't worried about anything or scared. I felt safe. I felt Tony wrap his arms around me and then he took a deep breath. I was then in a deep sleep.
TONY'S POV
I woke up still holding Ziva. I looked at my phone and it was 4 am.
"Ziva!" I asked.
She was snoring so loud, like always. She rotated herself and stopped snoring. I could finally to back to sleep. In peace!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO SO SO SORRY that I haven't updated in a week. I went back to school and I got so busy. I will try to write and post more.