16: Go Climb the Mountain| #2

Ziva's POV

Once I saw Adam get taken away I felt guilt take over in my body. He was technically family. He had a child. But if he loved Bayla maybe he would't do what he did. I warned him before so he had a choice. He made the wrong choice. I needed to call Tony. If I didn't call him he would get mad and worried if I am not on time.

TONY AND ZIVA'S PHONE CALL

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't have cell service. Is everything alright?" He picked up.

I knew it right there and then. If I told him I turned Adam in for assaulting a police officer he would wander why. I would then have to tell him about Tali, Bayla, Adam, and everything. I couldn't do that. 

"Ziva?" Tony asked.

"Um yeah, I'm fine. I just came back to my car to get a quick snack and thought I would call you." I replied.

"Was this snack included in the 12 hour trip?" Tony asked again.

"No, I'll try to be home though. I got to go. I love you." I answered.

"Love you too. bye." Tony said hanging up.

I can not believe what I am doing to him. I have not told him about Tali, Bayla, Adam, or Adam's arrest. 

"Ziva David?" asked an old male officer. Almost like Gibbs.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We'd like to see you now." He replied.

I got up and followed him into a conference room. He directed me to sit down so I did. Once I sat down, he sat across from me with Lorenzo.

"I am Sargent Duke Lukela this is my partner Cody Lorenzo. We will be taking point on this investigation" Srgt. Duke said.

"Can you tell us what happened out there Miss. David?" Lorenzo asked.

"It's pronounced Dah-Veed!" I remarked.

"Good to know. Can you us what happened out there Miss David?" Lorenzo added.

"I was a taking a very long hike. Which is normal. I have not been on one for years because I have been in America working for NCIS. I told my boyfriend I wouldn't be home until around 5. I went out and found a nice shady spot. There was three trees that made a perfect seat, their trunks connecting at the bottom to sit on. I was sitting in it when I heard a familiar voice. I jumped and I got out of the tree pulling my weapon out. I kept my back to the tree because it was just me. I then found Adam. I told him to get out of here and no one would get hurt. He then replied that if I got out of there no one would get hurt. I then realized he had a gun also. His gun was not pointed at me. In fact, his gun was still in his pocket. I ran, I tried to get out of there. I was ahead of him. I looked back at him and did not realize there was a tree branch in my way. I tripped and hurt my leg pretty bad. I tried to get back up but then he pinned my body down. I reached for my gun but he then pinned my arm down. My shin was aching and had nothing else to do. I kneed him, very hard, where a boy did not want to get kneed. He was in pain and I struggled to get away but I did. I found he parking lot and remembered I had 4 pairs of hand cuffs in my car. I hid behind my car with the handcuffs and my gun out. Once he came back out of the woods, limping, and came near my car is when I made my move. I came out of my hiding spot and told him to get on the ground. He did, no hesitation. I also told him to interlock his fingers. I walked over to him, still holding my weapon at him, and put my foot in between his legs. Just to make sure he did not try to pull so funny business. I lowered my gun back and grabbed the cuffs that were in my holster. I put my gun back into my holster after that. I did his hands first then his feet. Now we are here." I informed them.