03 | Lockéhart Academy

Start from the beginning

Roars from machines echoed in my ears, making me turn to look at my back, and my gazes were welcomed by five flying ships followed by a strong blew of wind, hugging my skin and making my hair and dress dance that I had to place my hand through my skirt, even though I'm wearing cycling inside, it's indecent for a woman to be seen like that.

It's true that this academy is far from those cities where creatures are socializing, but Mika informed me that there is some bridge that will connect to the academy itself, and that those fluffy clouds will disappear at a certain time of the year, which she didn't say when it will be, and that I must find it out once I study here.

After all, she's the one who always pushes me to come here.

At bakit nya alam ang lahat ng iyon?

Syempre, dahil dito sya nag-aaral.

Huminga ako nang malalim at muling humarap sa napakalaking gate na unti-unting bumubukas pagkayari kong iabot ang admission letter ko na hindi ko alam kung paano nakakuha kaagad ang aking pamilya. Ngunit syempre, hindi na ko magtataka kung gan'on.

They're ruling one of the biggest empires in this world, namely Drazzehuss. My family, von Sy'yski, has many connections in this world, no matter where the realm it is. Of course, it will be easy even though I've only learned that I'll be studying in this place yesterday.

And hopefully, my abilities ameliorate here.

Tinignan ko ang hawak kong papel kung saan nakalagay ang aking pangalan.

Kaia Asteria Xiel von Sy'yski. Seeing my surname brought both shame and proud feeling within me, and if that's even possible? I don't know, it just happened to be what I'm feeling right now.

Shame. Because it's a shame for me that I couldn't control my abilities at all. Yet proud, because I know that being different is unique, and even though I part of those modicum percentage of people who couldn't control their abilities, I know that there's something that we could still be proud of.

And I don't fight on something I know that the only result that's waiting for me is defeat.

But that was before, because right now, even though I'll lose, I would still give them a good fight.

After all, Calixus has been secretly training me in those past few years I've spent on our castle, and he knows that I can control some of my abilities, only that, the consequences would be much greater than he forbid me to use them anymore. But I'm here to be stronger, and nothing will happen if I'll keep stopping myself.

I won't be a von Sy'yski for nothing.

Started walking inside this huge academy where flares of different colors keep reflecting through the horizon, with feelings that couldn't help but be amazed since it's the first time I came out from our home. Technically, my first time going out to live on my own.

I am good at physical fights, courtesy of Calixus Pierre. I once aced at the archery class inside our palace, with some princes and princesses as my competitors. Number one warrior, and highest rank demon princess. I was ranked as the highest, the empress of physical fights. It is the reason why some of those relatives of mine couldn't harm me before.

But it all ended when Galeisha, my cousin enrolled at the same school I was attending before, she started getting everything away from me.