Chapter 8

It took over an hour until the doctor was satisfied that my back was good for now.

He said he would be coming back every morning and evening to check up on it.

Good luck with that, is all I think.

I let him check on my back because it was absolutely necessary.

I still wanted to live.

I was currently sitting on the small bed, running my hands over the thin sheets and blanket.

This was the first time that I sat on a bed in over a year.

It was paradise.

I now had my own bed, toilet, sink, and space. Plus, I didn't have to work 12 hours a day.

Paradise indeed.

The only thing that I did hate about my new living style, was that there were no windows.

I couldn't see outside. I didn't know if it was morning or night. I couldn't smell the fresh air or watch the stars as I fell asleep.

But right now, I was just too tired to care anymore.

I was beyond exhaustion. And now I had a bed.

I layed down on my stomach and pressed my face against the soft pillow.

But my thoughts kept bringing me back to that boy. I gathered that he was the Crowned Prince, but I couldn't remember his name.

When he first spoke, I immediately noticed that he took command over the situation almost immediately. I also noticed that his sister, who was actually the princess, got irritated and tried to take back control, but failed.

When he came into view, his eyes instantly found mine. And I was surprised that he didn't look away. I knew that there was something in my eyes that people couldn't keep looking at after a while, but not him.

He just kept staring and staring at me. Not looking away.

It was refreshing.

My mind was filled with curiosity at that moment. I made a note of keeping an eye out for him. To observe him.

Aaron.

Ahh, that was his name.

Aaron.

I put my fascination and curiosity about him out of my mind, and focused on sleeping.

I could sleep as long as I wanted. I breathed out a sigh.

I might as well just start my hibernation now.

I closed my eyes and slept the most amazing hours of my life.

"Hey, girl!"

I was up and out of my bed in less than a second, in a fighting stance, ready to take anyone out.

"Hmm."

My eyes zeroed in on a palace guard. I recognized him from the last time I saw him. Winston, was his name.

"I just thought that you might be a little parched, Princess's request." He motioned for the soldiers at the entrance of my cell to open it. Once the door was open, he walked in and set the cup of water on the floor.

I briefly thought about grabbing his throat and forcing to let me out. But then, where would I go? Besides, I wanted to stay a while and catch up on months worth of sleep.

I stood there, still in my fighting stance, unmoving. And I watched him. He looked to be around 19 years old and he had short brown hair that was longer in the front and had gray blue eyes.