Chapter Nineteen

(Eren's POV)

Now that I know what I am I'm having Hanji tell me all she knows about cambions; which doesn't seem to be much.

"I'm sorry I don't know anymore information concerning cambions; we've just never ran into one, and kind of hoped not too. But I think meeting you is something that had to have happened. You have an amazing amount of power and if you learn to control it, you will be able to be the most powerful hunter there is!" Hanji tried to keep me as cheerful as possible. Though she was trying too hard, and I could tell how worried really she was. "Now the real problem is how Levi and I are going to hide from the angels. You are already invisible to them unless you use your powers to mess with things that weren't meant to be messed with, but they know we are with you."

"Do you have a safe house or something we could go to?" I asked hopeful.

"Yeah, though you owe me for being stuck with no other options." Levi grumbled.

"Hah, sorry about him. The only person we know that has a safe house that is basically everything proof is Erwin. He found it somehow, and researched the building and markings all over it. We are going to meet him there, and can stay there until we get a better understanding of what is going to be done about this." Hanji explained.

"Okay, sounds like a plan." I was happy that they were being open with me and not acting weird anymore. Even though just a few hours ago they were deciding whether to kill me or not, but that doesn't matter anymore. They are the only chance I have at becoming a hunter and as long as they want me around I am going to learn as much as I can from them.

~ ~ ~

When we got to the place I was surprised. This was even more run down than the last place we had visited. You would think that if something was so important someone would take care of it. Right outside of the front door was a tall blonde man, and even from the car I could tell he had very noticeable eyebrows. That explains Levi's nickname for him.

"Hey Erwin!" Hanji shouted and ran to greet him. Levi, less enthused walked as slowly as I thought humanly possible. "I hope you have that book for me." Hanji said as she got done tackling him.

"Of course; though you promised you would explain it when we met so you better start explaining. Why do you need this book?" He asked her before noticing Levi and I.

"Ah, I guess this is a perfect time to introduce you to Eren." Hanji came up beside me and put her hands on my shoulders as if presenting me to him. "This is our little cambion." She teased. Though I am the same height as her, and definitely was taller than Levi. "Now let's get inside before anyone unwanted shows up." She pushed me into the worn down shack. I really hope we aren't going to have to stay here long.

"A cambion? I thought those things were as real as unicorns." Erwin said as he quickly followed Hanji and I into the building. Well the inside looks better than the outside. The furniture was in poor but livable conditions, and there seemed to be a mini fridge in one of the corners. I'm going to have to raid that later when nobody's watching.

"Well it doesn't seem to be that way. Eren watch out for the rug." Levi warned me as I almost stepped onto the rug that was placed in the center of the room. He then pulled the rug away to show me a devil's trap in the middle of the room. Now I am going to have to remember not to step there. I can just see it happening; it's the middle of the night I get up to get a drink or something else, and I get stuck in it.

"Why is there a devil's trap in the middle of this place if it is supposed to be 'everything proof'?" I asked; was this place really not as good as they told me it was? could they have just been telling me it was safe to keep me from worrying?