Chapter Eleven

Still back in time!

(Carla's POV)

"Eren sweetie, do you want to help me make supper?" I asked the boy. For being on pain pills he seemed to be as active as ever. Which could be a problem if his stitches are opened, but it takes quite a lot to do that.

"Yay!" He ran into the kitchen and started grabbing pots and pans.

"Sweetie, we don't need those." I couldn't help but laugh. I wish I could get over last night as quickly as him. His words still give me chills. What did he mean when he said that? Was he having a bad dream, or did something really happen to him?

(Levi's POV)

It was getting late out when we finally made it to the cemetery. Which wasn't going to be in our favor. This ghoul has been doing most of its hunting at night, but hopefully we can catch it before it leaves and gets the boy.

"Levi, where do you think this thing has been hiding out at?" Hanji asked, and that was the million dollar question.

"Well I say we should start there." I pointed to a large mausoleum that was placed near the middle of the cemetery. That thing better be here. We both had handguns, and large knives to protect us if it gets too close. This should be a pretty easy job; just need to find the thing and cut its head off, simple.

"Good idea, but maybe one of us should keep watch in case the thing isn't there and is trying to leave the cemetery?" Hanji asked. That wasn't a bad idea, but I knew she only brought it up because she liked looking at graves. I don't know who finds that to be a fulfilling pastime, but then again not a lot of teenagers go around killing things that are supposed to only be nightmares and stories.

"Okay, yell if you see the thing." I told her as she stopped walking and started searching the area. I made the trip to the mausoleum alone. It was in a circle and lining the walls were the bodies of the dead. 'What a wonderful place', I thought sarcastically. I stood in the middle of the place and started looking around. Nothing stood out to me. Maybe the ghoul isn't staying here. I was about to leave to go get Hanji when I found a figure standing in the doorway.

"Don't you think you kids are a little over your heads?" The figure asked me before closing the doors.

"Shit." I ran over and tried to open them, but it sounded like metal chain was holding the doors shut. After trying to open the doors for a solid five minutes I remembered I had my cellphone on me and could call Hanji. "She better have her phone on her." I mumbled to myself before calling her. It went right to voicemail. "DAMNIT HANJI!" I shouted, hoping that my yell of frustration might get her attention. She should be close enough to hear me.

(Hanji's POV)

I was walking around the cemetery looking at all of the grave markers, and of course looking out for the ghoul.

"Wow that guy must have been rich. To bad that doesn't matter once you're dead." I said as I passed by an awfully big gravestone with angels carved into it. My eyes shifted to look at the graves on the other side of the road I was walking on. I love looking at them; it can tell you a lot about how the person was when they were alive. Rich, poor, religious, non-religious; whether they died old or young. Though I don't think putting angels on your gravestone will get you any brownie points.

"Damnit Hanji." I heard a muffled yell from my friend. Uh oh, looks like he got himself into trouble. I was about to head over to him when I saw a figure running in the opposite direction. That must be it. I changed my course to follow it. The distance between us was disappearing, and I had drawn my gun; about to shoot, when I fell.