Chapter Eight

Apologies for the short chapter

(Levi's POV)

"Hanji, what do you think hell is like?" I asked her as we followed Erwin's car towards Ymir's bar she owns.

"Levi what are you talking about?" She asked me, concern filled her voice.

"I mean we both are going to end up there someday; I'm just wondering what to expect." I told her. Mainly I was thinking of Isabel and Farlan. They are already there. What kind of torture are they facing?

"Levi, there is no point thinking about that now. We will find out when we get there." Hanji told me with an even voice. Though every part of me didn't want to let this conversation go; I knew she is right. Worrying about it now isn't going to do me any good.

"Yah, I guess you're right."

~ ~ ~

"Finally you made it back! You guys drive like grannies; I really hope you know your cars can make it past fifty, right?" A freckled brown haired woman greeted us, Ymir. Immediately wrapping her arms around Krista. This place hadn't changed since I last seen it. Which wasn't a good thing. Empty beer bottles were everywhere and a few spills on some of the tables. It was a little cleaner than normal, which must be because there are fewer people here than normal.

"We got here as fast as we could. You know we have to sleep and eat, right?" Erwin retorted. He was never intimidated by Ymir. Even though she could beat him in a fight drunk; in fact I think she did once or twice. I was just about to leave the group so I wouldn't be brought into the reunion when I saw him. Just what the hell does he think he's doing here?

"Levi!" He said in a cheerful voice. I inspected him before responding; trying to do everything I could to intimidate him, and hopefully get him to leave.

"What the hell are you doing here, Brat?"

"I needed to talk to you." Eren said. scratching the back of his head, a sign of nervousness. Good, maybe if I scare him enough he will leave.

"How did you know I was going to be here?" I asked him, and that was a pretty good question. How would he know I would be here?

"I didn't. I just asked around and was told you sometimes would visit here, so I was going to ask around to see if anyone knew you here. Since you are here though I guess I don't have to do that now." He smiled. I glared at him and his smile vanished. Why doesn't he just move on with his life?

"I wouldn't go asking around about that here." I told him. It really wouldn't be a good idea. It would get him into more trouble than he deserves.

"Could I talk to you for a little while? Please?" He begged me. If he wasn't so fucking cute I would have been able to say no.

"Fine, let's go outside." I motioned to the door and started walking out of the building. Hanji looked at me with a smile going ear to ear. I rolled my eyes and continued my walk outside. I didn't look behind me until I got to my car and grabbed two water bottles; filled with holy water, but Eren didn't need to know that. As long as he isn't possessed. I handed one to him and he took it. Drinking half of it before stopping to breathe. Well that rules out him being possessed, so I guess he's just stupid. Eren's facial expression changed quickly.

"Could you tell me more about what you do?" He asked me, looking like a lost puppy.

"Why would you want to know that?" I asked him.

"I can't just go back to my normal life after what happened to my friends! I saw them get killed! By something that shouldn't exist in the first place!" Tears started forming in his eyes. Shit, what am I supposed to do now? I looked at him blankly trying to think of what to say.

"I'm sorry, sometimes shitty things happen." I told him. Hoping he would calm down with that, but it seemed to have just poured gasoline on a fire.

"Yeah, well most times when something shitty happens it doesn't involve the people you love dying!" He burst into sobs. Shit! Shit! Shit! I started to panic. I need to get him to calm down before people start noticing. I tried searching for something to say, but nothing came to mind. Our eyes locked and I finally got a good look at his eye color. It had to be the most beautiful color I had ever seen. A mix of blue and green like I had never seen before, and a feeling of calm overcame me. After a moment he stopped crying and was laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked confused. Is something on my face?

"You should smile more often." Eren said. What is he talking about? Was I smiling? I couldn't tell, but right away I turned away from him. Thankfully Hanji was running out of the building; which gave me a reason to look away.

"Hey, what are you two love birds talking about?" She said, loud enough anyone would have been able to hear her. Thankfully the parking lot was empty, so no one was around to hear her.

"Yeah, Levi said I could stay with you two for a while." Eren quickly stated before I could stop him. "You know, to help you out." Fucking brat. I never said either of those things.

"Levi, did you really say that?" Hanji asked me; genuine confusion all over her face.

"No, I didn't, but maybe we should take him with." I said with a devious smirk.

"Okay, this is going to be fun!" Hanji said. She knew what I was thinking, but wanted to convince Eren he was actually going to go with us. Hanji rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around him.