Chapter Twenty

(Levi's POV)

"Hanji, we have to do something. Eren doesn't have control over what he is doing all the time anymore, and he is gaining power faster than we could have expected. We need to make the decision and soon." Though we had spent some time talking and we decided that killing Eren wouldn't be the right thing to do at this time, but at this rate we don't know what is going to happen to him. Hanji nodded and thought about what I had just said.

"I know you're right, but we have to remember that Eren is half human too. Just because he is half demon doesn't mean that he is going to take on all the aspects of a demon. I know he's far too nice for that." She responded. It was getting dark, Hanji and Erwin were planning on leaving again to pick up some supplies for hiding us from angels. Eren was still passed out on the couch. There was dried blood by his ears; reminding me of what happened a few hours ago.

"What do you think happened to him?" I asked Hanji. I had read through that book and found that when he kissed me he must have drained me of some of my life force; did that cause what had happened?

"Well I might be able to tell you, if you tell me what happened." She said quickly. There was no way I was going to tell her what happened. If I told her Eren and I kissed she would probably take it way too far and do what she normally does when she's trying to hook me up with a guy.

"No thanks, I'll let it stay a mystery." I told her.

"You're no fun, but to be honest I already know what happened. I saw it from the window." She winked and walked out the front door to meet up with Erwin. Now that I was alone I needed to find something to do other than just think. I've already done too much of that today. I had almost made it to my bag of supplies when the dried blood by Eren's ear caught my attention again. There is no way I am going to get any work done knowing he's got blood on him. He should have known enough to clean it before he fell asleep. I got a wet rag to wipe away the blood. 'He better not wake up.' I thought as I started cleaning up the blood. Most of the blood wiped away quickly, but his skin still had a reddish tint to it where the blood had been. Then I realized; how am I supposed to get his other ear when he's on his side? He was asleep facing the back of the couch. Should I just wake him and get him to clean up? There is no way I can get work done knowing he has blood on him.

"Huh, Levi?" Eren's head turned to look at me. I felt like I should have moved away from him, but now I can finally clean his other ear. As I cleaned up the blood I tried not to focus on Eren's expression. He was clearly surprised and confused, but he also looked happy with a light blush. "What was that about?" He asked when I was done.

"You had blood on your face." I clarified. Though it didn't seem to explain everything for him. I sighed. "I couldn't focus knowing you had blood on you. It was bothering me."

"Sorry Levi." He said tiredly. He's quite cute when he's half asleep. Eren's face lit up. "I'm so sorry, I know I promised not to get into your thoughts again, but everything was so weird and just wanted to know!" He jumped up from where he had been lying and hitting his forehead against my nose. I try to do one good thing. "Oh no." He whispered purely terrified. "Why do I keep messing up?" I chuckled when I remembered something I had read.

"I thought cambions were supposed to seem flawless, but you just seem like a normal clumsy teen to me." Maybe even a little too clumsy. Was that supposed to add to his charm or something? I guess it's possible that while he still hasn't gotten most of his powers back he will be like that for awhile yet.

"I am perfect!" Eren defended half-heartedly.

"Yeah, of course you are." I said sarcastically before leaving his side to do something. I'm still not sure what though. There isn't anything that I need to do; Hanji and I aren't on a hunt and everything is ready if something shows up. Deciding that doing nothing would be the best option I stood looking out a window; I could feel Eren's eyes on me. The sky was cloudy, but every once in awhile you would be able to see the stars through a small hole in the clouds.