~Don't let me~

15/09/13 When I reread the previous chapter I was actually kind of proud and I actually wanted to cry but that's prob just me. I hope this one is intense for ya'all hehe ;) x

Lilly's P.O.V.

'Dad. Can you please stop talking about it? There are obviously better things to worry about right now.'

'You're my son Jacob. It's not because you're going to fly across the world that that will ever change. And so I have every right to ask you why I needed to find you at 5 in the morning, in a hospital, with her. You can be glad I could keep your mum out of this.'

My body only seemed to halfrespond to it's surroundings. It was hard to concentrate on the discrete coversation going on in the corner of the room or on the tv playing above the door. It was hard to realise which room this actually was and I was way too tired to even start to find out.

'I know, sorry.' His voice was tired and tense, seeming like he was biting on his tongue to keep sharp and rude responses for himself.

'I don't want to be a pain in the ass but you know that you need to leave today at last, right?'

The words flowed into my mind but husseled up and lost their sense they were making.

I opened my eyes, curiousity winning once again. Everything was clear now, the hospitalroom they had let me rest until I woke up from the morfine, Jacob and his dad whom I supposed he had called and the nurse who came in, ready to tell me I was free to go.

But was I? Where could I go? I can't return there, but I knew I had to. I had no choice, Emmalin was still there, my home was still there, I had nowhere else to run to.

Phil is going to kill me.

'Your daughter is ready to go sir.' The smooth voice of the in white suit dressed woman announced.

Protesting wasn't a choice, not if I wanted to make it out of here and I couldn't get them in trouble by saying I actually wasn't bloodrelated to them.

'Let's go.' My voice was hoarse from the tiny nap and I spun out the bed, Jacob rushing to my side to help me.

I was a little unstable due the drugs but after a minute I was just fine again. Well what you could call fine...

'Thankyou.' I whispered as I leant into his side. 'For not calling Phil.' He just looked at me smiling.

'What?' I poked his cheek, making the smile grow.

'Nothing.' There had been something about his smile though, it seemed slightly forced, if it actually was then what my heart had feared had happened.

Everything changed.

He would pity me forever now.

His mind wasn't as comprehensive as I had hoped. But it was as I had known.

He saw a broken girl, a problemed one who's lost in the web of her own stories, truth and lies. He saw me.

But he was blinded by fear and sadness, my fear and my sadness. He didn't notice how strong I had been through the years, he didn't see the girl who was willing to fight. He didn't see me.

But honestly I didn't either.

'You can come over?' Jacob whispered and I weakly smiled up at him, nodding in approval.

Just one more minute before I would get an excuse for Phil like always, but the minute seemed to take me ages.

'Are you okay?' He asked once I sat on his bed with a cup of hot chocolate.