~On the roaster~

29/08/13

what a turn things are taking ;) xx

Emmalin's P.O.V.

It was friday. I was forced to go to school again. But it's not like I was really there.

Nobody cared if I was sat in my seat at the left, just behind the door, or not. Nobody cared if I was there to answer the math question or tell about my weekend. Nobody cared because I didn't let anybody care.

Wednesday my teachers had started worrying about me, I just sat in class but didn't do a thing. I often stared out the window or at the board but I didn't raise my hand or said anything. They called my parents and god was I glad it had been my mum picking up.

So Thursday I had paid attention, wrote down my notes but I hadn't answered the teachers question or talked with the others. I hadn't ordered my lunch just pointed to what I wanted. My teachers called again and this time I was less lucky. Seeing as it was Phil who took it.

So now it was Friday, and I had been living up to the lie he told the teachers and kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to talk anyway, I didn't feel like it. Everything that would come out were lies so it'd be better if I've never said a word again.

The bell had just announced our break and while everyone went eating, I went to the court and sat down on the only swing on the playground. Swinging slightly back and forth while I emptied my mind.

I didn't had the need to eat, drink, socialize with others, all of that.

I looked at my side when I heard lonely footsteps coming near me. Normally I would've smiled politely but I couldn't bring myself to it.

'Hey Emmalin.' A boy my age said. He had short brown hair that was swept to one side and darkcoloured eyes that hadn't much color in them yet were beautiful. I remembered staring at them, just last week. When nothing had been going on yet. He was wearing a green striped shirt and a plain pair of pants.

'Hey Timothy.' My voice sounded weird and I cleared my troath. It actually hurted but not too much, just because I hadn't used my voice for a while anymore.

'Want one?' He reached out a cookie and a small smile spread around my lips when I grabbed it. A smile forming on his face as well.

'Thanks.' I said, munching on the with chocolate covered goodness.

'No problem. So how are you?'

'Same old same old, I guess.' I shrugged. I know I didn't talk to anyone but Timothy is the only exception on this I think. He just came sitting next to me Wednesday and started asking me things, I didn't reply and he just started talking about random stuff until I suddenly just said his name which had made him smile in triomph.

Since then he always comes chatting with me. I think he knows something wrong, but he never asks about it or talks about it. He's just here, telling me random stuff. And I absolutely loved him for that.

It's all I needed right now, all I wanted and wished for. And here he is, so yes I am grateful.

The bell rang way too soon, we quickly scrunched on the last bits of cookies before hurrying of to the row. I always felt better after talking with Timothy. Not like when you have a problem and you talk with someone about it so you feel some sort of relieved. No, when I talk to Timothy, we talk about anything besides that and it makes me just feel like there is no problem for a while. Though I knew that backfires me everytime again.

Lilly's P.O.V.

This was awkward, I must admit.

I didn't dare to come near to Milo anymore thinking it would upset Jacob, but then again if I ignored Milo he would be upset, think there's something wrong or that he did something wrong.