Prologue

A/N: Pictures are used as symbolism/visuals

In Portland, Oregon there are lots of forests. Especially surrounding a particular town towards the West Hills. This town was mostly quiet and calm, everybody knew everybody, well that's what they believed. They weren't aware of the supernatural creatures that lived among them. The Maximus Lunae Pack to be exact. This pack had everything, their Alpha, Luna, Beta, and of course more pack members. They weren't the biggest pack in that area, but they weren't particularly small either.

Yes, I said they weren't the only pack around that area. The second pack was The Black Ice Pack. They lived on the other side of the border line, on Washington ground. Both packs have lived in peace for decades, always working together to keep the people safe. Never did the Maximus Lunae pack plan a betrayal from the Black Ice, but little did they know that it would happen the night after their celebration over their treaty. To make things worse, the neighboring pack wasn't alone.

_

"Alpha what do we do?!" A young woman yelled at the man as her husband stood right behind her.

"Take our children, go leave them with the witch. She'll take care of them." He ordered.

The woman quickly left to gather all the kids, they were the next generation, they were too precious. With the couple gone, the leadership was left in the Alpha's office. They were being attacked, the entire pack house was full of chaos, no one knew what to do.

"We have to fight back!" Alejandro, the Beta of the pack said.

"There's too many! I don't remember the Black Ice pack being so big in number!" Some member said in fear.

"That's because it's not just werewolves, they come with vampires. I could smell their stench from here." Alpha Michael stated in rage.

"Why are they doing this?" His wife Clara, the Luna cried.

"They seem to want to be the only pack controlling this area, but like the Alpha said, we can't fight back. We're too weak, they've killed most of us."

In a matter of seconds, Michael made a decision and told everyone that was fighting to back down through their mind link. The members knew better than to disobey their alpha so they did as told. They knew what would become with their lives, but they'd die better knowing they died obeying their alpha.

Meanwhile, the woman and her husband were taking all the kids to the witches house. They knew the witch ever since their alpha Michael replaced his father. Her name was Allyson, she did many spells to help them and also kept vampires away. As they approached her house, wolves of the Black Ice and some vampires caught a whiff of their scent and followed them.

Quickly catching up they were about to attack when Ally came out and created a shield around her home. The enemy knew they had no way to get to them so they retreated and made a note to tell their alpha that they still had a next generation to deal with. Then the woman and the man left the children and went back to their alpha, the kids not knowing what was going on, they went inside and ate some cookies and milk.

Michael thought all of the kids were safe, but one in particular was left in a room. It was his Beta Alejandro's daughter. Sinu, his wife found her and she immediately wanted her safe. She knew the rest of the kids were safely with the witch, but she decided she wanted her daughter to have a normal life. She gathered all of her three year old's stuff and took off towards the neighboring small town. There she left her daughter at a family's doorstep that she knew would take good care of her.

"I love you Camila. Be safe." Were the last words she told her daughter before knocking on the door and giving her one last kiss on the cheek then took off with werewolf speed.

Sinu, was halfway back to the pack house when a vampire and enemy werewolf caught up to her and killed her. Alejandro instantly felt her pain and died with her. That was what happened when your mate died, you died along with them. No one would bare a life without their mate.

By the first light, the entire Maximus Lunae pack was wiped out. The only thing that stood was their modern pack house. Luckily, the children were filled with werewolf genes and would continue their pack later on when they discovered their powers.

Later their Alpha would be Lauren Jauregui, Michael and Clara's daughter and the Beta would be Normani Kordei, since the next in line was Camila, but she was sent off, into the normal world. One day though, she would find out, but that was long ways from now.

Again, the kids ages ranged from just three to six. They knew close to nothing, but it was Allyson's' job to teach them their parents ways and to help them find themselves.