1. Broken up family

Start from the beginning

When he was finish with his food, Luke did as told and unload the dishwasher before placing tonight's dirty dishes in. He doesn't like this chore. It takes a lot of time and his mum is never happy. She always complains he doesn't put things in their place or doesn't place them correctly and Luke just want to tell her to do it herself if she's not happy. 

But he doesn't.

He's polite. He wouldn't say something like that to his mum. 

When he was done, he went to his room and started unpacking his weekend bag. There isn't a lot in there but he needs to take out his dirty clothes and put them in the laundry basket. He needs his bag for school tomorrow, he can't leave his dirty clothes stay in there, it's gross. 

He was at his last sock when his phone went off. Dropping his bag on the floor, Luke jumped on his bed, reaching for the small device. 

[From: Ethan] 

Aiden and I are going to the local football game to celebrate the end of the school year, our parents got us tickets, you coming?

School ends is a month and Luke is really excited. For the summer, he signed up for a summer local play. He's been practicing with the group for two months already and he cannot wait for the first show. They'll be playing in front of big crowds all summer which is both scary and exciting. 

Luke is not afraid of big crowds though. He enjoys being on a stage in front of people. This play is a cult in their town and he's always dreamed to be a part of it. People from outside cities comes for this play; most of the dancers, signers and recurrent actors are not locals. 

Since entering that play, Luke's been seeing Aiden and Ethan a lot less than usual. The blond has gotten pretty busy during the weekends with these weekly practices for the play, he doesn't have as much free time as he used to. He's also made new friends there which is another reason he's not hanging out as often with the twins. 

His new friends are a lot more exciting. They smoke, drink and look a lot cooler that Luke's high school friends. They don't wear polos or go to camps during the summer. They wears leather jacket and band tees. 

[To: Ethan]

I don't know, I might be at my dad's... 

Another reason Luke doesn't like going to his dad's is because he's basically confined inside. Mr Hemmings works all week so when weekend comes, he likes to relax inside and do nothing. Even when his son is over. At first, it wasn't too boring. It was quite nice to stay in and watch movies with his dad but after a while, it became boring. Luke hates that his dad moved in another city. 

Luke opened his laptop, clicking on the Spotify icon. Music soon filled the room and he smiled, loving the sound of Vic Fuentes's voice in Hold on till May. He's not that cute but he has a nice voice. Their acoustic songs are bomb. 

[From: Ethan]

Oh... it would've been cool to go all together one last time seeing as we won't be seeing you till school starts again. Let's hope we have more than two class together this time! Can you ask his to stay at your mum's that weekend? Maybe they could switch or something?

The twins are going to band camp all summer long. It's a tradition for them, they've been going for years. Ethan plays cello and Aiden plays piano. Their parents are into classic music, that's why their kids play music. 

Luke stared at his phone and sighed. Even if he could stay at his mum's on that weekend, he couldn't go. Football tickets are expensive and he can't afford them. Not since the divorce. Both his parents are financially tight right now. Not everyone bath in money like his twin friends.